Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches "play smart" in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,500 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimize athletes' health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT PROVIDING AMAZING SERVICE
We are looking for a talented and inquisitive Senior Accountant to join the finance team, based in Boston and spanning across all regions and subsidiaries in which the Company operates. This role reports directly to the Senior Accounting Manager (also based in Boston) and requires a detailed and thorough knowledge of international accounting standards, US GAAP and financial operations. This role will require a keen eye for detail, a disciplined approach to processes and procedures and a continuous improvement mindset. The ideal person for this opportunity will be someone enthused and energized about working for a global leader in its industry and be willing to be a key member of a successful global finance team. The successful candidate will have the interesting yet challenging opportunity to work across different functions of the company in a fast paced and supportive environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- A key member of the global finance team, working as part of a cohesive team to deliver timely, accurate and relevant monthly financial reporting and accounts close, and collaborating with teams and colleagues in our key regions of Australia, the U.S., Ireland, the United Kingdom and Latin America;
- Contribute to the preparation of the month-end accounting close, management report and commentary / analyses / insights on the financial results;
- Review revenue contracts and assist the Finance team in researching revenue recognition issues and documenting accounting conclusions;
- Prepare journal entries and book transactions to our accounting system (NetSuite), verify the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger by investigating variances, identifying and solving issues and ensuring that all transactions are accounted for appropriately under applicable accounting guidance;
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, maintain royalties schedules / monthly reconciliations and liaising with the AP and Licensing teams to ensure all payments are made on time;
- Assist with the implementation and development of new systems / controls / policies / processes / procedures to support continued business growth and expansion;
- Contribute to the preparation of half-year and full-year group financial statements, and involvement with external financial audits, including preparing schedules, policies and procedures where needed and liaising with the Company's external auditors;
- Any other ad hoc duties and assistance with finance projects as instructed by the Accounting Manager and Group Financial Controller.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3+ years of post-qualification corporate accounting experience
- CPA highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or another finance-related discipline;
- Current and working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and US GAAP;
- Experience working in a financial accounting / reporting role of a publicly listed company is desirable, and experience with statutory reporting requirements and external financial audits;
- Familiar with multi-currency subsidiaries, and accounting activities across multiple countries;
- Microsoft Office proficiency, specifically intermediate to advanced Excel skills, and knowledge of NetSuite accounting package desirable but not essential;
- Able to demonstrate that you are a proactive self-starter, inquisitive and detail-oriented, resourceful, and able to use your initiative to problem solve and generate ideas to improve the efficiency of current processes;
- Effective relationship-building and communication skills across multi-regions, business areas and cultures.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you're interested in sports or not, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance. Our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.
Catapult SportsBoston, MA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.