Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking currently looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing technical team and drive the evolution of technology infrastructure. Candidates should have a strong background in Operating Systems, Enterprise Storage, VMware, and some networking experience with hybrid data center environments. We are looking for strong candidates to roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running and bring their experience to the team to make the infrastructure deployments much smoother. You should possess solid knowledge of infrastructure, operating systems, tools, system architecture, and support techniques for applications, web services, modern front-end development. If you are a team player, able to communicate and work equally well with your peers as well as non-technical personnel, this is an exciting opportunity to add work on highly visible projects for an industry leader.
What You’ll Do
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in design and support of Enterprise servers, Storage, and some Network equipment.
- Design and implement complex IT systems, including network, server, and database interaction.
- Develop deployment scripts on automation for the orchestration, integration, and rollout of critical infrastructure for both On-Premise and Cloud.
- Support the business with change requests, uptime, performance, Build and deployment-related issues, and access.
- Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment.
- Recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment
- Review, evaluate, recommend, and develop objectives, policies, and procedures to ensure that systems are meeting the needs of business functions.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive set of diagrams for hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
The Skills and Experience You’ll Bring
- BS or Engineering in Computer science or electronics or related IT-focused.
- 4+ years of experience in infrastructure management (Virtual, Cloud, Physical) including production support
- Working knowledge of enterprise data center technologies including Server and storage platforms and network switching within a virtualized data center
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux systems including hardware, software, and applications. Some Windows experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge with a broad portfolio of AWS infrastructure services (EBS, S3, EC2, Elastic IP, Route 53, VPC)
- Experience with infrastructure management and automation technologies (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, GIT)
- Ability to clearly articulate design and implementation choices
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools
- Expertise in different types of TCP/IP protocols such as LDAP, DNS, HTTPS configurations and troubleshooting.
- Working experience in SaaS is highly desirable.
- Perl and/or shell scripting considered a plus
- Exposure/understanding of DevOps tools and principles such as CI/CD, infrastructure as code, containers.
- Should have good knowledge of information security principles and practices, understanding of security protocols and standards.
Catapult Recruiting LLC.Why Work Here?
Catapult Recruiting matching experts to incredible jobs at the hottest companies!
Our vision is where all our customers technology staffing needs are filled by professional, reliable, happy people who love their work and love the company they work for. By identifying and satisfying our customers needs utilizing qualified professionals and modern tools, we are working hard to build stronger business relationships!!