Catamount Constructors, an industry-leading national General Contractor, is seeking talent to grow our construction management team. We currently have an opening for an Estimator in our San Antonio office. The ideal candidate possesses 10+ years prior experience estimating for a General Contractor.
We invite you to learn more about our company at www.catamountinc.com. We are 100% employee owned and offer a progressive environment where your prior skills and experience will be valued and developed further. Our compensation and benefits package is competitive, offering the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, a 401(k), WorkFlex and VacationFlex, and a full complement of insurance programs. And because our work spans across a multitude of market sectors, our team has an opportunity to shift between project types. Our culture has been described as a family environment that promotes work-life balance. We hope you'll take a closer look at Catamount!
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Managing Estimating Projects
- Displays excellent organizational skills and is able to effectively prioritize estimating tasks. Uses good time management skills.
- Coordinates project efforts and utilization as a team when needed.
Communication and Presentation
- Hands off estimating projects to the Project Manager in a clear, precise and organized manner.
- Preparation of the estimate book is well-organized and thorough.
- Prepares a thorough, well-organized and complete product for presentation to the client
- Communicates and presents well to the client
- Bid qualifications are clear, concise and tailored to the client.
- Uses updated historical data to present accurate estimates
- Units costs are kept up-to-date and accurate
- Bid scope sheets are clear, concise and complete
- Reviews subcontractor proposal for accuracy before submitting
- Well-prepared for scope meetings
- Provides accurate quantity surveys
- Knows how to choose the right subcontractors for the project.
- Solicits appropriate quantity of subcontractors in a timely manner.
- Completes appropriate reference checks on new subcontractors.
- Efficiently uses Catamount’s bid system: i.e. McGraw Hill or others.
- Distributes Addendums timely and to all responsible parties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, & Outlook, office equipment such as fax machines, and copiers, and Internet Explorer or other similar Internet tools and experience.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university along with 10 or more years of related experience and/or training with a General Contractor is required.
Catamount is an Equal Opportunity Employer