Catalyst Professional Services, Inc is seeking a Clinical Pharmacist at Malcolm Grow Medical Clinic, Andrews Air Force Base, MD. Clinical Pharmacist will be assigned to either the Family Practice Clinic. Hours are Monday through Friday eight hour shift between 7 am and 5:30 pm. This is a great opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those who serve our country!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Initiating or modifying drug therapy for minor acute conditions such as colds, rashes, and allergies.
- Monitoring and managing pharmacotherapy requiring periodic adjustment due to specific or changing pharmacokinetic characteristics (e.g., aminoglycosides, phenytoin, antithrombotics).
- Initiating, modifying, or discontinuing medications for ongoing therapy of chronic disease states (e.g., hypertension, hyperlipidemia, anticoagulant, diabetes, asthma, refill clinics, etc.), in cooperation with the medical staff.
- Ordering and evaluating laboratory tests necessary to evaluate drug therapy effects and outcomes.
- Assessing patient’s response to drug therapy and planning drug therapy based on physician-established diagnoses.
- Administering prescription or non-prescription drugs according to established agreements or protocol.
- Consulting with other healthcare providers (e.g., physicians, dietitians, nurses, physical therapists, etc.) about patient treatment needs or options.
- Evaluating medical and medication histories for drug-related problems and adjusting drug therapy accordingly.
- Assessing metabolic needs and ordering therapeutic enteral or parenteral nutrition products in the inpatient setting.
Degree/Education: A Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral degree in Pharmacy from a college of pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE).
Certifications and Residency/Fellowship training:
Obtain and maintain Medication Treatment Management Certification.
Completion of a clinical pharmacy residency or fellowship accredited by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists or American College of Clinical Pharmacy, or Documentation of appropriate education, training, and/or CME in the practice of clinical pharmacy.
Board Certification: Board certification in one or more of the pharmacy specialties recognized by the Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties preferred.
Licensure/Registration: A current, valid, unrestricted license to practice Pharmacy in any one of the fifty States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands..