Cultivation Manager at Catalyst Cultivation
Head Cultivation Manager Job Description
CEO, Operations Manager
The Head Cultivation Manager position is responsible for the management of our cannabis growing operation. This position is responsible for the overall care of the grow facility, including the principles and practices of plant cultivation, propagation, protection and crop rotations. The grower will be held to operate under strict very specific operating procedures that cannot be deviated or altered unless approved by his or her manager. The ideal candidate is an experienced agricultural operation professional.
What we believe in:
We believe cannabis has the potential to create enormous positive change, to bring simple and clean healing options into one’s own hands, to empower and energize minds, to enhance and alter perceptions for the better – for ourselves, for society and for our world.
From grow to retail, Catalyst is 100% committed to lessening our impact on our planet and being environmental stewards. We encourage our employees and our customers to reduce, reuse and recycle at our facilities and in their homes.
To create a unique and awesome customer experience by making a positive difference in the world, offering quality products, and providing exceptional service.
Why work at Catalyst:
Catalyst is not only committed to the health of our planet and customers, but the health and happiness of our employees. During these trying times, we continue to follow CDC covid guidelines while offering reimbursable sick leave, paid time off, and a heavy employee discount. We believe in open and honest communication and work diligently to provide our staff with the tools they need to succeed!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify the plants and their problems (diseases, pests, and others). Manage integrated pest management program.
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and/or coordinate activities of workers engaged in propagating, cultivating, harvesting and packing various cannabis varieties.
- Train new employees in all necessary cultivating techniques: including pruning, de-leafing, thinning, irrigation, cloning, mixing fertilizers, and pest control.
- Manage all Cultivation/Grow personnel under direction, supervising their activities and training them in the appropriate techniques for their specific position.
- Track labor efficiency and make appropriate changes in labor crew to meet company goals. Ensure the labor quality meets company standards and actively manage out poor performers.
- Coordinate biological control to monitor pest and disease levels.
- Ensure all safety policies (worker safety, food safety, etc) are followed and enforced and ensure strict crop hygiene practices are followed and enforced.
- Establish and maintain a program to record crop growth data (weekly crop report, climate report, production, etc.).
- Responsible for inspecting facilities for signs of disrepair, and delegating repair duties to staff.
- Create and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Requirements of Position
- Ability to accurately handle cash payments
- Exceptional communication skills
- Retail/Sales knowledge or experience
- Employee management experience
- Inventory management experience
- METRC experience
- Strong leadership experience managing teams of 5+ members.
- Grow design/build experience.
- Must be able to identify the plants and their problems (diseases, pests, and others).
- Must be able to plan, organize, direct, control, and/or coordinate activities of workers engaged in propagating, cultivating, harvesting and packing various cannabis varieties.
- Strong verbal and analytical skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
Qualifications / Certifications:
- Alaska Marijuana Handlers Card
- Municipality of Anchorage Food Handlers Card
- Microsoft Office experience
- Cannabis Product and Regulations knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or related experience in horticulture, botany or a related field
- Experience in a regulated cannabis market.
Nothing in this job specification restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Critical features of this job are described under various headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed.
Available shifts and compensation: Available shifts all days except Sundays and Saturdays. Compensation depends on your experience.
About Catalyst Cannabis Company: Catalyst Cannabis Company is looking for an individual to join our team. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, motivated and trustworthy.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Powered by Homebase. Free employee scheduling, time clock and hiring tools.
Catalyst CultivationAnchorage, AK
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.