Education Program Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Senior Director of Education, this position primarily supports developing, implementing and evaluating assigned programs, projects, activities and/or facilities, including but not limited to Naturalist trainings, a monthly lecture series, youth programing, K-12 initiatives and special events and programs for the community. Specific duties include:
Program Development, Coordination, Delivery, and Evaluation
· Holds primary responsibility for Naturalist Training 1 and 2 program delivery including ensuring updated content logistics coordination.
· Supports Community Learning Manager with all aspects of monthly Lecture Series with on-Island logistics as a core responsibility.
· Create, manage and deliver all aspects of interpretive experiences appropriate for temporary learning stations and/or community festivals
· Support Senior Education Specialist in K-12 program development and delivery including operational and logistical considerations as well as activity delivery
· Lead outdoor experiences for learners of all ages including instructional hikes and narrated vehicle excursions.
· Manage evaluation for multiple programs including gathering, storing, and analyzing data
· Serve as a positive ambassador to the community to support public participation in educational programming
· Hold primary responsibility for on-Island operational logistics including scheduling of vehicles, procuring resources for programming, oversight of existing resources, and communicating with collaborators both within an office environment and in the field.
· Oversee data reporting of numbers served through programs across the department through monthly reporting. Effectively manage fiscal resources including budget monitoring, invoice processing, and expense reports.
· Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills while interacting with the public, internal stakeholders, and program participants
Nature Center Management and Wrigley Memorial & Botanic Garden Interpretation
· At least 40% of the position (2 days a week) will be to provide oversight at the Nature Center in Avalon Canyon. Duties include:
o Open and Close of Nature Center
o Manage daily counts of visitors and other visit evaluation data
o Serve as a learning ambassador by engaging visitors with the exhibits and content of the space
o Provide guidance on activities on the island including hiking and camping
o Design interactive experiences using specimens and artifacts; providing support for new exhibit design
o Provide excellent customer service
· Provide daily guidance to Garden/Summer Naturalists including resource procurement, content training and daily programming needs.
· Support Community Learning Manager and Senior Director of Education on interpretive materials and signage at the Garden
Due to the nature of team assignments, varying workforce levels, special projects, or other situations, any employee may be required to perform duties and responsibilities outside of their regular job description. Management reserves the right to assign work.
Catalina Island ConservancyWhy Work Here?
The Conservancy's mission is to be a responsible steward of its lands through a balance of conservation, education, and recreation.
EducationView all jobs at Catalina Island Conservancy