FULL TIME, PART TIME and SEASONAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE!
The incumbent is responsible for providing bodywork sessions for guests. Massage Therapists apply a variety of scientifically developed massage techniques to the soft tissue of the body to improve muscle tone and circulation. Massage Therapists work to enhance well-being, reduce the physical and mental effects of stress and tension, prevent disease and resort health. Massage Therapists agree to conduct their practices in an acceptable, ethical and professional behavior.
Modalities may include Deep Tissue, Swedish, Shiatsu, Myofascial, Stone, Pre/Post Natal and Body Treatments. Massage Therapists use many different massage techniques and methods; these may include the following, among others (not all modalities are practiced by each Therapist):
· Trigger Point
· Connective Tissue Massage
· Neuromuscular Massage
· Polarity Practitioner
The incumbent must:
· Adhere to all requirements set forth in company policies and procedure and Non-Compete Document and the service expectations as set forth by the Management. Support company mission and policies and procedures.
· Acknowledge the confidential nature of the professional relationship with a guest and respect each guest’s right to privacy.
· Responsible for the comfort of all guests while performing treatments and direct all efforts toward guest satisfaction.
· Follow Island Spa Catalina’s treatment protocols.
· Constantly monitor the quality of all Island Spa Catalina services and treatments.
· Communicate with the Reception Desk staff on a regular basis to ensure smooth scheduling and billing.
· Maintain awareness of daily schedule and trouble-shoot any last minute changes or updates as well as monitor weekly and monthly schedule to assure accuracy.
· Perform all massage and body treatment modalities and participate in continued education classes/trainings to learn other treatment/modalities offered and introduced to future menus.
· Attend all mandatory training sessions and meetings.
· Greet guests at the exact time of scheduled appointment to assure punctual start time of reserved treatments.
· Escort guests to designated treatment room, address guest by name, reconfirm treatment type and explain protocol for specific treatment that will be provided.
· Conduct a complete guest consultation (every appointment!) to ensure that the guest’s expectations will be met
· Keep work area clean and stocked at all times.
· Encourage guest to relax and keep conversation to a minimum during treatment.
· Maintain proper draping at all times before, during and after treatment.
· After the service is complete, offer the guests a glass or bottle of water and inquire if they are having another service and, if so, escort them to the appropriate area.
· Massage Practitioner’s must complete a prescription sheet after each Massage treatment and escort guest to retail area and offer appropriate at home body care regimen via body care retail items. Make sure that you are taking every opportunity to put your guests on a treatment plan.
· Record all treatment notes to guest file in the contact log on Spa software system before end of shift; Make sure to include the date of visit.
· Maintain valid Massage license and provide a copy to Management for file. Stay informed of state and local regulations for massage Practitioners.
· Maintain CPR certification.
· Adhere to time off/shift coverage request policy.
· Demonstrate professional excellence through regular self-assessment of strengths, limitations and effectiveness by continued education and training.
· Possess a valid license in order to perform the duties of a Massage Therapist
· Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
· Possess exceptional customer service skills
· Possess a current unexpired CPR/AED certification
Education and/or Experience:
· High School/GED Diploma
· 2 years’ experience as a Certified Massage Therapist
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
· Must be able to stand, walk for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, stretch, push and pull on a regular basis.
· Must have full range of overhead motions and full hand dexterity.
· Requires visual acuity and the ability to hear clearly to communicate with managers, coworkers and guests
We offer a highly competitive salary with health, dental life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits for all Full Time regular positions. Both Full Time and Part Time positions receive discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.