Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and processes urgent and non-urgent telephone calls
- Prioritize and assign all ALS, BLS, or Chair Car units to appropriate calls
- Maintain computerized database system
- Utilize EMD system when available
- Complete other duties as documented in CM127/CAS Policy and Procedures
The Dispatcher functions as a member of the Communications Division and holds the responsibility that each call is assigned to the appropriate ALS, BLS, or Chair Car unit.
The Dispatcher reports to the Dispatch Supervisor or Shift Commander. The Dispatcher cannot issue written warnings or discipline coworkers.
The Dispatcher must have the following certifications:
- C.P.R. Certified
- E.M.D. Certified -Priority Dispatch (NAEMD)
- 9-1-1 Certified APCO PST-1
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.