Marketplace Ecommerce Manager with Amazon Seller Experience
About the Company:
Caswell-Massey is America's oldest fragrance house, personal care company, and consumer brand. Founded in 1752, we have been a family owned business for ten generations spanning three centuries. We offer a wide assortment of bath & body, fine fragrance, essential oils, and grooming products, all made in America. We have several partnerships and collaborations including work with New York-based men's grooming and shaving experts at The Holy Black, The New York Botanical Garden, and most recently, Yellowstone National Park & Yellowstone Forever. Caswell-Massey is headquartered in Edison, NJ with a showroom in New York City.
About the Role - Marketplace Ecommerce Manager with Amazon Seller Experience:
Caswell-Massey is hiring an Amazon e-commerce Manager for our Edison, NJ headquarters. The brand is undergoing a major re-launch, and this position will be part of the team to support the rebuild and growth. Focused on its online business on third-party seller sites such as Amazon, the successful candidate will own the channel. Launching sales events, inventory management, optimizing product descriptions, publishing and maintaining online listings, customer service, shipment processing, working with the current team managing these aspects for our regular Shopify business will all fall under their purview.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Grow Amazon FBM and FBA platforms for Caswell-Massey.
- Manage, establish, and grow related marketplace channels such as eBay, Jet.com, and similar platforms.
- Launch and monitor the success of sales events and keyword marketing programs.
- Own and operate inventory/order management system.
- Create and publish online product listings across multiple channels & territories.
- Work with the internal creative team to publish revenue-generating online product listings that include images, description, product features, shipping details, item specifications and all necessary information to successfully sell the product and serve the customer.
- Manage existing online listings and make necessary corrections to ensure product accuracy and consistency of information, formatting, and branding across product listings.
- Monitor third-party sales and competitor sales closely to ensure price and listing controls.
- Develop and maintain a network of support contacts within Amazon for case creation and follow-through for brand registry violations.
- Utilize sales and selling techniques to ensure proper selling volume, minimize excessive stock, prevent insufficient stock and maintain product freshness.
- Observe and react to changes in the marketplace, products, market pricing, customer preferences, competing businesses, etc.
- Manage all customer correspondence via email or phone including product questions, order inquiries, complaints, shipping claims, international requests, sales and shipping quotes, etc
- At least 2 years e-commerce experience with Amazon Seller Central
- Experience with eBay, Shopify and/or other e-commerce solutions preferred.
- Extensive fundamental knowledge of requirements, restrictions and best practices for selling on Amazon and eBay
- Experience in maintaining inventory and/or order management systems
- Thorough understanding of domestic and international shipping requirements, restrictions and practices with USPS, FedEx and UPS
- Proven record of excellent customer service
- Interest or experience in Fragrance, Beauty, Skincare, and Apothecary consumer goods.
- Excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of growing burgeoning online businesses
- Super fast responsiveness
- A positive, helpful and friendly demeanor when confronted with difficult situations
- Excellent computer proficiency and speed in general tasks such as typing, online research and data entry
- Some experience with Sales, ERP, CRM and Order Automation platforms such as Macola, SAP, Salesforce, or Brandwise.
- Able to work on one’s own; self-starter
- Able to maintain detailed records and databases
- Able to research and become expert about various products, processes or topics
- Strong scholastic abilities, excellent common sense and judgment
- Able to receive detailed instructions and execute tasks with speed and accuracy
- Able to maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Punctual and dependable
Please submit a cover letter with your salary requirements and a brief overview of why you’re a great fit for this role. Candidates submitted by third parties or agencies will not be considered.
Caswell-Massey prohibits discrimination against and harassment of any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.