We are seeking an enterprising, experienced leader to grow our well-established nonprofit membership organization. This is exceptional opportunity for a skilled communicator with solid management and leadership skills. If you are motivated to build an organization from good to great, this is the opportunity for you.
The East Bay Rental Housing Association (EBRHA) is a 501 c(6) non-profit membership organization. We provide education and advocacy for the owners and managers of rental property in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. We are a stable, 80+ year old organization with over 1,500 members. EBRHA is dedicated to promoting fair, safe, and well-maintained residential rental housing that is compliant with all laws. Learn more about us at www.ebrha.com.
The Executive Director is known as the Association Executive or “AE” within EBRHA, and she/he reports to the Board of Directors. She/he will provide support and direction to a team of 4 full-time staff in order to expand EBRHA’s membership, its influence, and its impact. The key result areas for the AE:
- Grow membership through expansion, increased market share, and renewals.
- Increase revenue through magazine advertising, events, and membership so that additional investment can be made in advocacy and member services.
- Work with the Board to develop and implement goals and timelines for the strategic plan.
- Ensure an organized, efficient, and healthy workplace.
Advocacy is a critical part of EBRHAs mission, and the ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator in writing, in person, and in group presentations. One aspect of the AE role is to represent EBRHA’s mission with the media, at public meetings, and with elected officials. However, the AE’s primary focus is on leading the organization’s growth while equipping others to lead on advocacy.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of creating double-digit growth in areas like revenue, sales/membership, and/or profitability (or surplus). They will have accomplished those results through others -- by building teams and organizing/engaging others towards a common goal. They will understand how to utilize marketing and technology to drive membership growth. They will demonstrate member/customer focus, utilizing metrics to inform improvement in service offerings and member/customer satisfaction.
- 3+ years’ experience leading organizations and managing teams of professionals.
- 3+ years’ experience operational and fiscal management, with a track record of delivering measurable results in areas like membership, sales, revenue, or profitability.
- 2+ years’ experience participating on and/or working directly with a Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated executive leadership skills, including strategic vision, planning, and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, organize, and inspire groups of people to achieve results.
- Clear, compelling, and diplomatic communication skills in writing, in person, and in public speaking.
- Excellent planning, organization, and follow up skills.
- Highly motivated individual with strong sense of personal accountability.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree.
During the COVID-19 shelter-in-place, we have been working from home, and have offered our educational programs online.
Why Work Here?EBRHA offers its members city-specific and timely education, property management advice, networking opportunities, and advocacy at the state and local level. EBRHA programs include weekly educational programs, a monthly magazine, an annual trade show, and ongoing advocacy/awareness for related government regulations. EBRHA is located on Grand Avenue in Oakland, near Lake Merritt. Learn more at www.ebrha.com. During the COVID-19 shelter-in-place, we have been working from home, and have offered our educational programs online.
Stable organization, primed for growth, seeking experienced leader. Local applicants only.