The Service Supervisor oversees service staff and maintains a luxurious appearance of the community. Ensures all maintenance upholds a safe living environment for the residents. Possesses a thorough knowledge of preparing for resident move ins and outs, and general household repairs are your keys to success. Leads a team to strategize innovative preventative maintenance ideas that will save the organization money and increase safety level.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Become EPA Section 608 HVAC Type I certified within 90 days of employment
- Bachelor or Teammates degree
- Previous experience in a maintenance supervisory role in the multi-family/hospitality industry
- CFC/EPA, CPO certifications
- North American Technician Excellence (NATE)
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration certification (HVAC)
Tasks listed below and are not an exhaustive list of all the tasks that may be required for this position.
- Establish and manage a team of qualified and trained Teammates
- Assist Property Director in hiring, inspecting, counseling and promoting, staffing levels as directed by the Regional Director
- Maintain a safe working environment and educate Teammates on practicing safe procedures
- Inspect common areas to ensure they are safe, clean, and well serviced and meets Castle Residential Standards
- Report liability hazards found in the community to Property Director and or, Regional Director
- Schedule maintenance for apartments, pools, parking lots, building exteriors, common areas, etc.
- Respond to all service requests in a timely manner to ensure resident satisfaction
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance for on-call rotations and provide reliable and timely service
- Responsible for service follow-ups and team’s success in service delivery and completion
- Prepare and inspect apartments for move-in readiness after becoming vacant
- Conduct all work in compliance of OSHA and Equal Housing Opportunity
- Monitor storing of equipment, supplies, and tools in a secure area
- Delegate+ inventory of supplies and tools
- Manage budget for equipment and supplies for maintenance and order supplies from vendors
- Manage and authorize overtime for non-exempt teammates
- Ensure that all work is performed according to Castle Residential’s procedures and standards
- Make recommendations and modifications regarding property performance, business needs, etc.
- Any other tasks assigned or directed
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Maintain a high-quality condition of the community, provide excellent customer service, supervise preparation of move-ins, and operate within approved budget
- Attend all required Castle Residential maintenance trainings
- Ability to effectively work in a team setting and collaborate with administrative staff
- Possess and practice exceptional safety skills while on the job.
- Be highly motivated and have a positive attitude
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, follow-up, and follow through
- Ability to provide coverage on a rotating basis for property on an on-call basis as needed
- Awareness of working long hours outdoors and in the elements
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Have a thorough knowledge of safety and the proper operation of all tools and equipment.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead a team of Service Teammates
- Have excellent customer service skills when talking to residents about service needs.
- Hands on working knowledge of typical apartment maintenance
- Ability to work a schedule during normal working hours and that may be other than Monday-Friday, 8-5. Work in excess of 40 hours per week is likely
- Consistent, regular and in person attendance during assigned hours at the workplace are required
Castle Residential Management, Inc., is an equal employment opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.