Inside Sales Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for establishing, maintaining, and expanding customer relationships in order to achieve positive customer experiences, maximize revenue opportunities, and maximize customer retention.
A. M. Castle & Co. has over 125 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401K match, disability benefits and tuition reimbursement.
Essential Primary Responsibilities:
- Achieves sales and opportunity pipeline metrics which support achievement of commercial sales profit / revenue goals.
- Responsible for servicing, up-selling and cross selling to existing customers.
- Responds to general line customer inquiries via phone, fax or email and provides efficient high level servicing to customer to maximize order and/or problem resolution.
- Examples include: determining material availability, conformance to customer requirements, quoting prices, and providing a reasonable delivery commitment designed to obtain the customer's order.
- Initiates telephone calls to customers and potential customers to ensure all opportunities are effectively progressed while appropriately managing and owning sales pipeline. Solicits and/or follows up on previously quoted business opportunities, qualified/marketing generated leads, referrals, and dormant accounts.
- Handles customer calls relating to complaints on orders by investigating the basis of complaint, referring problems to appropriate personnel, recommending action to rectify problems, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Enters orders into the system and modifies or cancels as required. Uses understanding of blueprint reading in order to interpret customer prints and quote/enter orders according to customer requirements. May act as a technical and market resource by counseling and advising customers.
- Cultivates a strong product and market knowledge, as well as knowledge of the customer's business and end use of material. Utilizes creative and innovative sales techniques to increase sales volume. Seeks opportunities for product conversions and opportunities for value added selling.
- May arrange for outside purchasing of materials and services to fill customer orders or items not in stock, or not normally stocked and/or used.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- General office environment, PC use
- Heavy telephone use
Required Experience: Type, Skills, and Years:
- One year of experience in sales support environment with customer relationship and maintenance responsibility
- Knowledge of sales techniques and processes
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to initiate and sustain productive business relationships with customers
- Demonstrated sales and servicing skills with strong achievement orientation
- Problem solving skills with ability to develop innovative solutions to customer problems
- Demonstrated mathematical understanding and application
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree
- Inside sales experience within a metals service center
- Experience with Oracle sales order management system
- Understanding of distribution or manufacturing industry
- Solid business acumen with experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of raw materials and/or exposure to the metals industry
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Castle MetalsWhy Work Here?
Castle Metals is a great team that offers health benefits on day one of employment and advancement opportunities!
Are you ready to take command of your career? Do your professional skills and interests have you poised for growth with an industry leader? Castle Metals is ready to talk with YOU! Recognized as a leading global distributor of metals with more than 25 locations worldwide, Castle Metals is a trusted partner for some of the industry’s top clients. As our company continues to grow, we are always on the lookout for top talent to join our winning team!
3050 S Hydraulic Ave. WichitaWichita, KS