Inside Sales Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you seeking your next opportunity to lead a team in the metals service center industry? Castle Metals is seeking an Inside Sales Manager to coach and develop sales representatives at its Kennesaw, GA location.
This position is responsible for overseeing and directing the activities of the Inside Sales force to maximize volume, expansion, and profitability while satisfying customers and upholding the Company's mission and vision. This individual will also manage team members' ongoing development and performance.
The Inside Sales Manager is a critical position as the company truly values the working environment of its employees. This position is eligible for quarterly incentives and employee appreciation programs.
A. M. Castle & Co. has over 130 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, 401K match, paid time off, paid parental leave, employee recognition, disability benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
This position is responsible for overseeing and directing the activities of the inside sales force to maximize volume, expansion and profitability while satisfying customers and upholding the Company’s mission and vision. Also manages direct reports’ ongoing development and performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (performs other duties as assigned):
- Manages all inside sales activities to ensure achievement of established objectives for price integrity, acceptable gross profit margins, and customer satisfaction.
- Handles market expansion efforts.
- Collaborates with key customers, credit, operations, and outside sales representatives to expedite and troubleshoot customer orders, facilitate new programs, messages and offerings.
- Handles escalated customer calls relating to complaints on orders, investigates basis of complaint, refers problems to appropriate personnel, recommends action to rectify problems, and follows up to ensure resolution.
- Utilizes and implements creative and innovative sales techniques, process, and tools to increase sales volume.
- Reviews sales orders for appropriate pricing structure and utilization of inventory.
- Collaborate with other departmental management to facilitate relationships among members of these various departments and locations in order to achieve the organization's goals and objectives.
- Mentors and trains inside sales team.
- Oversees resource planning, reporting and communications for assigned team.
- Ensures reporting and communications are frequent and cascaded to team.
- Participates in sales meetings and presentations.
- Staff management:
- Guides and mentors staff to ensure productivity, resolving problems as they arise
- Participates in recruitment of open positions, recommends / select the best-qualified candidate.
- Conducts performance evaluations.
- Address performance problems through corrective action, discipline and if necessary dismissal.
- Assesses employee performance and recommends merit increases during planning cycles.
- Conducts selling efforts as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Seven years of progressive sales experience
- Advanced knowledge of Sales Entry System software
- Leadership skills
- PC literacy including Microsoft Office experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Superior problem solving skills
- Proven ability to manage detail on multiple projects simultaneously
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General office environment (keyboard, mouse, telephone use)
- Manual dexterity (grasp, hand/wrist movement)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
Castle MetalsWhy Work Here?
Castle Metals is a great team that offers health benefits on day one of employment and advancement opportunities!
Are you ready to take command of your career? Do your professional skills and interests have you poised for growth with an industry leader? Castle Metals is ready to talk with YOU! Recognized as a leading global distributor of metals with more than 25 locations worldwide, Castle Metals is a trusted partner for some of the industry’s top clients. As our company continues to grow, we are always on the lookout for top talent to join our winning team!