Position Title:Senior Accountant- Community Accounting - CPA required
Work Hours: Minimum 40 hours per week
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
Reports to: Controller of Association Accounting
The Senior Accountant, in addition to their duties as an Association Accountant, oversees a team of Association Accountants, which are responsible for the preparation of monthly financial reporting package for each one of our Association Clients. Tasks include, but are not limited to: full cycle closing , bank reconciliations, journal entries, account analysis, coordination and provision of data for year-end audit. The position also provides support to Property Managers and Board Treasurers, related to financial statements.
The Senior Accountant provides exemplary service in a manner consistent with the values and mission of the Castle Group. He or she performs all responsibilities while demonstrating outstanding customer service skills representative of Castle Royal Service as it relates to this function. This includes working interdepartmentally, as well as, with our external customers.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (May include some or all of the following as applicable)
- Completion of month end financial reporting packages for certain Associations based on monthly schedule
- Supervise, train and develop assigned team members to perform at their optimal capacity
- Review assigned team members association’s financial statement packages on a rotation basis and ascertain their accuracy and timely issuance
- Ensure assigned team members financials are completed within prescribed deadlines
- Provide solutions to Controller of Association Accounting for escalated issues relating to departmental functions
- Develop expertise in department functions and software, including new software implementation
- Work with Controller of Association Accounting on meeting Company goals and implementing new initiatives within established deadlines
- Continuously challenge existing processes to identify efficiencies and drive improvement
- Along with the General Ledger Accountants, act as a liaison with Treasurer and the Board for financial statements and accounting issues and attend meetings as necessary
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Business and/or Accounting required
CPA required. Minimum of 5 years related accounting and supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong knowledge of full accounting cycle and US GAAP. Attention to detail and accurate data entry skills is a must. Strong verbal and written communication skills creating effective customer-focused relationships with all levels within the organization. Able to manage, organize and effectively deal with high transactional volume and work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Intermediate command of computer hardware/software is required; specifically,proficient in the knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including but not limited to; Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Experience with accounting software (Jenark) a plus.
English is required. Multiple language fluency is desirable.
Travel and availability requirements:
May be required to travel to multiple locations in the state on an as needed basis.
Ability to attend Associations’ Finance Committee meetings out of regular business hours, when needed. Ability to work extended hours and weekends on as needed basis.
Ability to lift up to 5 lbs. and work in a sitting position for long periods of time. Extensive use of fingers for typing and visual use of the computer monitor. Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word. Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of work will be completed indoors in a temperature controlled environment with little to moderate noise levels. May require outdoor site visits on an occasional basis.