Senior Project Engineer (Civil Construction)
- Posted: over a month ago
The Castle Senior Project Engineer is responsible for assisting with the operational execution of multiple civil projects, with a main responsibility of document control and administrative support throughout the preconstruction, construction, and close-out efforts. As a key member of the Castle team, the Sr. Project Engineer will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of responsibilities and scopes. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and be excited by the opportunity to dive in, learn and take advantage of Castle’s top-tier professional development experiences and mentorship.
- Assist in the planning and setup of projects, including but not limited to start-up, handoff, chart of accounts, contracts, insurance, sub-tier pre-qualifications, bonds, permits, quality & safety programs, schedule, and manpower/equipment planning
- Own project contract documentation process to ensure accuracy and timeliness of RFIs, submittals, drawings, specifications, progress photos, etc. and all associated changes to these items.
- Thoroughly review and track all submittal packages for Castle, Sub-Subcontractors and Vendors to verify their compliance with the Contract Document and coordination with other trades/components. Upon approval of submittals, expedite material procurement and delivery, and facilitate coordination efforts with the other trades/components.
- Support efforts to complete prequalification and/or bidding requirements
- Support estimating team in obtaining bids from subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, etc.
- Prioritize, submit and monitor requests for information (RFIs).
- Assist in monitoring project costs (labor, material, equipment, sub-subcontractor, etc.), identifying opportunities for improvements/savings, and vetting problems to help prevent cost overruns.
- Assist with daily tracking of items such as field-time reporting and vendor invoice approval.
- Assist Project Manager and Project Superintendent in preparing weekly progress meetings with all trade contractors on project(s). Take minutes of such meetings and distribute weekly.
- Take weekly jobsite photographs, capturing project progress and any change conditions.
- Review and verify Payment Applications from Subcontractors and Vendors for approval by Project Manager.
- Assist in quantity reporting to support estimate-verification and productivity tracking.
- Support project-specific safety efforts / expectations and adherence to Castle safety policies / procedures.
- Assist in creating, updating, and maintaining project schedules when applicable (or as required) to manage the Work.
- Manage project closeout process (punch list completion and closeout documentation) to ensure an orderly and efficient closeout is achieved.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Construction Management or other related degree required
- 2+ years of on-site project engineer/construction experience required
- General knowledge of construction principles and processes required
- Experience with civil construction preferred
Castle Contracting is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
TechnologyView all jobs at Castle Contracting