Manager of Reporting and Technical Accounting
Castellum, Inc. is seeking a highly skilled and experienced professional for the role of Manager of Reporting and Technical Accounting. This strategic position is pivotal in our organization, responsible for overseeing financial reporting, technical accounting research, and ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial reports for internal and external stakeholders, ensuring transparency and accuracy.
- Ensure strict adherence to SEC filing deadlines, coordinating with internal teams to collect necessary data and information.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure financial reporting is aligned with business objectives and strategies.
- Stay abreast of emerging accounting standards and provide technical accounting guidance to internal teams.
- Research and analyze complex accounting issues, propose solutions, and ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
- Implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures in accordance with changing standards and business needs.
- Ensure compliance with SEC regulations, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and other regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate and manage external audits, acting as the primary liaison with auditors.
- Develop and maintain effective internal controls to safeguard company assets and ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Work closely with operational teams to develop financial models, analyze trends, and provide actionable insights to support strategic decision-making.
- Prepare and present financial reports to senior management, highlighting key performance indicators (KPIs) and making recommendations for business optimization.
- Conduct scenario analysis and sensitivity testing to assess the potential impact of various business decisions on financial outcomes.
- Lead and oversee special accounting projects, such as mergers and acquisitions, equity software, and accounting system implementations.
- Provide financial expertise and analysis for strategic initiatives, including cost-benefit analysis and risk assessment.
- Familiarity with cost accounting principles and project/task-based budgeting
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to reconcile and analyze financial data effectively.
- Proficiency in using accounting software and ERP systems and proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage multiple responsibilities concurrently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve discrepancies and exceptions.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- High ethical standards, integrity, and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to lead certain special projects.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Minimum 5 years of progressive accounting experience, with a focus on financial reporting, FP&A, technical accounting, and special accounting projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- CPA Required
- Experience with Deltek or Jamis
- Big Four audit experience preferred.
Castellum Inc. provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws and offers equal opportunity for VEVRAA Protected Veterans. Castellum Inc., will not discriminate against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss or disclose compensation information.
Reasonable accommodations that do not cause an undue hardship on the company may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, as long as that would not hinder or prevent performance of duties or be of a safety concern.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk. The employee may be required to move ten pounds and could occasionally lift or move up to twenty-five pounds.
Disclaimer: The listed duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities.
Castellum IncVienna, VA
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Manager of Reporting and Technical Accounting jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.