We are Cast, makers of artfully designed fine jewelry. We are reimagining the experience of shopping and collecting fine jewelry, with a warm, inviting, and explorative journey that’s as inspiring and empowering as the jewelry itself. With a sense of discovery at our core, we are constantly creating. In collaboration with an ever-evolving, female-focused collective of the world’s most inventive jewelry designers, we create collections unlike any other. Our uniquely timeless aesthetic celebrates sculptural, geometric forms and always has a story to tell. With the magic of storytelling and wonderment, we celebrate our designers and bring our collections to life.
Cast was founded in San Francisco by two friends that wanted to make the experience of discovering and shopping fine jewelry as delightful as wearing it. Founder Rachel Skelly is a seasoned entrepreneur who loves to enter established categories and shake things up. Vitamins and baby food were modernized and transformed with the introduction of Olly and Plum Organics. Rachel is now applying her brand making magic and deep passion for product creation and artistry, to the jewelry category. In support of her vision, Cast is backed by our founding investor Eric Ryan, a successful three-time founder (Method, Olly and Welly) who now focuses on advising, coaching and investing in the next wave of brand creators and industry disruptors. Also backing the Cast vision is True Ventures, a leader in the consumer venture space with an investment portfolio that includes Peloton, Madison Reed, Hodinkee, and Blue Bottle.
This is a foundational opportunity to join a small but mighty team of creative, dedicated pros and build something sparkly, coveted, and successful.
The Designer will report directly to the Art Director and will work collaboratively with the Art Director, and Copywriter to design beautiful content for both the physical and digital expressions of our brand. This includes site, social, overseeing email and expanding physical retail stores. This role will also support various PR + Event marketing needs including trunk shows and events.
You will concept, develop, and execute creative assets for all our platforms to support new products and stories on a regular basis. Taking macro brand concepts and applying them to our digital platforms to drive news and engagement while also continuously optimizing in-store, retail communication and signage.
You are a nimble creative, full of new ideas and always up for new challenges. A true team player that loves working in a team but can also get heads down and crank on content. This is an important year for us to be testing, learning, and refining and this is an important role to ensure we’re effective and successful.
You have a beautiful eye for typography, imagery, and color, perfectly suited to the online and physical world. And a keen sense of Inspired creative that compels exploration, elevates the brand, and delivers engagement across our various stories and products.
- Translate macro concepts to the physical and digital spaces – ideating across in-store signage, email, site, social and paid digital advertising
- Partner with VM to create compelling retail experiences and clear navigation while ensuring the full omnichannel experience is consistent
- Oversee design and implementation of all digital content
- Collaborate with creative team on brand photography
- Rapid content creation ideation and implementation on a regular basis to support marketing messaging calendars and timely opportunities
- Manage regular site updates in partnership with Art Director and cross functional partners
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Savvy in social platforms and development tools for channel specific content
- Understanding and familiarity with latest software and applications to continuously optimize our site and develop digital solutions
- Experience working with independent development teams to implement site changes on a regular basis
- Experience with Shopify platform to ensure seamless updates
- 5+ years design experience with ability to think strategically and tactically
- A beautiful portfolio showing a wide range of creative across multiple platforms – including in brick and mortar and digital
- Technical expertise to allow for independent work and flawless execution
- Strong collaboration skills; must be able to effectively partner cross functionally to innovate and execute cohesively, within brand standards
- Experience managing and leading content creation across a dynamic creative team including writers and designers
- Hands on partner willing to do whatever it takes to deliver the best online experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and deliver on time and on brand
- Ability to make and balance decisions to align with performance goals and the Cast brand expression
- Ability to consistently communicate in a clear and timely manner
- Must be detail oriented
- Luxury, fashion, and/or beauty experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree, preferred
- A love of artful, shiny objects
Bay Area applicants only please.
The annual base salary range for this position is $90,000 - $120,000. The actual base salary offered depends on multiple factors, which may include the applicant’s qualifications for the position; years of relevant experience; unique skills; level of education; certifications or other professional licenses held; other legitimate, non-discriminatory business factors specific to the position; and the geographic location from which the applicant will perform the job.
Powered by JazzHR
Cast JewelrySan Francisco, CA
Arts and Entertainment
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.