Care Attendants- PT or FT, Entry-level
Cassia Newton, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join our friendly staff at our award-winning facility at Newton Village! We're seeking Part-Time and Full-Time Care Attendants to join our team in this entry-level position! We will train you for this position!
Here at Newton Village, we care about you and we show it by offering discounted meals, free meal tickets, and gifts to our staff. We take pride in supporting you succeed and offer plenty of opportunities for advancement. Here we have a generous staff to resident ratio as well as flexible scheduling. Don't hesitate- apply today to join our team!
Newton Village is currently seeking Part-Time and Full-Time Care Attendants to join our team and work in assisted living! This position is ideal for people who will enjoy being a part of our great team of caregivers and making a difference in the lives of our residents. Safety is our number one priority. Staff are provided with personal protective equipment.
In 2019, we were rated one of the best nursing homes by US news, and were recently voted the best retirement community, best apartments, and best healthcare provider in Jasper County.
There are Part-Time (Day, Evening, or Night) and Full-Time (Evening), benefit eligible positions available working varied schedules including every other weekend.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Healthcare, Dental benefits for Full-Time employees
- Supplemental Benefits (vision, life, disability, and more) for Full-Time employees
- Flex Spending Accounts for Full-Time employees
- On-site Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience!
Care Attendant responsibilities:
- Help each resident reach and maintain the highest level of performance and independence while assisting them with personal care and daily living activities.
- Assist with treatments as delegated by the Registered Nurse per individualized care plan.
- Take and record temperature, blood pressure, weight, pulse and respiration as instructed. Report changes or concerns to the RN.
- Document services performed on computerized charting system.
- Observe resident and report any changes in physical and emotional condition such as change in attitude, reaction, and appetite, to the supervisor.
- Assist the resident with personal care which may include the following: shampooing of hair, assist with showering/ bathing, and medication administration.
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
Care Attendant skills and requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must maintain confidential information.
- Computer skills, ability to read, write and communicate clearly, self-motivated.
Bonus points for...
- Current Iowa CNA certification.
- Previous work experience in a similar setting.
Newton Village Care Center provides comfortable, safe, and healthy accommodations to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of elderly adults in a faith-based atmosphere. We are a full-service 24-bed Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Independent Living senior community with a professional, caring, and dedicated staff. We are committed to providing quality and compassionate service to all of our residents.
We also pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Powered by JazzHR