Cassavant Machining, Inc. has a current opening for a Lead in the CNC Lathe Department on 2nd/Night Shift.
$2,000 Bonus paid after 6 months of employment. The bonus will be added to payroll, minus applicable payroll taxes.
3PM to 2AM Monday thru Thursday and 3PM to 9PM on Fridays
Responsible for leading, developing, and coaching a high performance Lathe department. This position will drive the safety, quality, delivery, cost, and productivity of the department. The Lead must drive continuous improvement and lead process problem solving on the shift. Deploying team members to the appropriate work centers based on each members’ skill set to ensure production schedules and customer delivery requirements are met. Train and develop team members to improve overall skill set of the department.
Job Function, duties, and responsibilities:
· Ability to adapt and succeed in a dynamic environment with ever-changing customer requirements
· Develop, coordinate, lead, and execute daily production schedule based on the “Hot List” and daily pass downs
· Deploying team members to the appropriate work centers based member skill set to meet production needs as stated on the “Hot List” and daily pass downs
· Ensure machines are running throughout the work shift
· Report daily on the performance of the team to the managing supervisor of the department
· Ensure consistent and effective shift to shift communication
· Participate in tactical planning process
· Facilitate continuous improvement efforts and projects in the department
· Assume ownership of process problem solving on the shift
· Develop and train team members to improve overall skill set of the department
· Maintain neat, clean, and organized work area and ensure compliance with all safety standards
· Ensure a safe work environment for all team members
· Must have good communication skills to work with a diverse work force
· Ability to do minor program edits at the machines
· Successful machine setup
· Understanding of live tool lathe is a plus
5 years' minimum experience in lathe setup and process problem troubleshooting and 1 to 3 years' minimum experience in a manufacturing environment leadership role
3PM to 2AM Monday thru Thursday and 3PM to 9PM on Fridays.
The lead position will be required to arrive to work no later than 3PM for pass down from 1st shift. It is the leads responsibility to pass down information to the 1st shift lead at the end of the shift.
Team oriented company with top paying wages and benefits in the valley in regards to the Aerospace Industry. To qualify for consideration, all candidates must be able to work 40+ hours per week in a fast paced, high-demand, quality environment. All candidates must also have sufficient verbal and written communication skills as well as good problem solving skills.
Cassavant Machining is equal opportunity employer providing competitive wages and benefits. Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance available. 401(k) with company match and company funded Profit Sharing plan.
**Please apply online only - email resume and cover letter**
**No walk up applicants will be taken**
**No phone calls regarding this ad will be taken**