Junior DevOps Engineer
Cask Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cask is a leading Management Consulting firm specializing in delivering business and technical expertise to clients across commercial and government markets. Join the many happy employees at Cask! We have been named a top 5 firm to work for by Consulting Magazine for 5 of the past 6 years.
Formulates/defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs. Provides an overall operating system, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, computer accounting, and advanced mathematical/scientific software packages.
- Assist all phases of software systems programming application
- Evaluates new and existing software products
- Develops and maintains mission-critical information extraction, analysis, and management systems.
- Implements streaming analysis algorithms to generate question focused data sets (QFDs).
- Provides direct and responsive support for urgent analytic needs.
- Participates in architecture and software development activities.
- Translates loosely defined requirements into solutions.
- Uses open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
- Uses coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
- Collaborates with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- Performs incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline; depending upon the area of technology
- Combination of vocational and/or military certifications plus two (2) to five (5) years’ experience may be substituted for a degree or eight (8) years of related experience.
- Junior level experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (IT experience can substitute for a BS degree)
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python
- DoD Secret Clearance
- IAT Level II Certifications
- US Citizenship
Cask is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Cask is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) founded in 2004 by a group of professionals who saw the need to help clients use and unlock the value of technology in more efficient, cost effective ways. Cask delivers business and technology advisory and consulting services to help our customers achieve success.