General Ledger Accountant
- Expired: January 18, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
***$500 dollar bonus after 90 days of employment.
The General Ledger Accountant will respond to and consistently meet the needs of internal clients.
Essential Job Function and Duties
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality in performing all aspects of their assigned responsibilities.
- Ensure assigned general ledger accounts are adequately documented and reconciled.
- Prepare journal entries, worksheets, reconciliation and other documentation to ensure that transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare the Daily Operations report that is distributed to management.
- Prepare assigned reports and analysis for internal and external auditors.
- Assist in preparing any other required written correspondence in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Assist in completing special projects and assisting other Accounting and Finance staff as requested or required.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow team member, and vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Arrive on time and regular attendance to all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Non-Essential Job Functions and Duties
- Ability to promptly respond to common inquiries, complaints, or requests from various internal and external parties in a professional manner.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work successfully on his/her own.
- Solid project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to compose detailed, concise and accurate documents, such as reports, policies, procedures, and correspondence.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- A Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in the field of accounting or finance is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience using an automated General Ledger system is preferred.
- Must possess the ability to use Excel, databases and other tools to support their required job functions.
- Must possess the ability to handle sensitive and stressful situations with tact, discretion and significant awareness of confidentiality.
- Must possess good organizational skills and be able to multi-task when conducting the assigned functions.
- Must be willing and able to follow all departmental policies and procedures, as required.
- Must possess the willingness to be a team player.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Thorough knowledge and comprehension of all relevant laws and regulations. Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills with ability to present information (including facts, analysis, conclusions, opinions, and ideas) in a clear, concise and effective manner.
Required Work Cards
- Registration with Gaming Control Board.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressCarson City, NV
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Casino Fandango