Casino Del Sol Tucson, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Position: Sportsbook Supervisor
Job Summary: Supervises all activities related to the day-to-day operational activities of the Sportsbook department. Ensures the integrity of the Sportsbook area, maintains outstanding guest satisfaction while implementing and complying with departmental standards as well as the Gaming Enterprise Division’s (GED) internal controls, policies, and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities (specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to):
1. Provides leadership during shift.
2. Assists Sportsbook Manager in overseeing all Sportsbook operations. Assist in creating and implementing policies and programs that support the achievement of property and company financial and operational goals and strategic initiatives.
3. Assist Manager of Sportsbook in monitoring and making recommendations of Sports Book risk and liability, leading up to and during sporting events.
4. Assists in the set up and posting of all sporting events.
5. Communicates and explains wagering to new guests.
6. On an as needed basis, verifying and/or processing winning tickets limit thresholds.
7. Resolves complaints and manages difficult guest concerns.
8. Practice, observe, and enforce safety rules and regulations to ensure the safety and welfare of the patrons and team members.
9. Develops processes to consistently train and develop Team Members to improve their skill set and provide continuous improvement in guest service.
10. Remains up to speed with all gaming regulations; keeps all senior level team members up-to-date with any concerns.
11. Assist Manager of Sportsbook in working closely with the marketing department to administer marketing programs and special promotions according to program specifications.
12. Manages and directs daily labor to business volumes.
13. Consistently remains ‘tuned in’ to what guests are saying and what motivates them. Acts as a conduit for guest feedback for the Sportsbook Management Team.
14. Verifies start of shift reports, add/remove cash reports.
15. Investigates if a Sportsbook guest is wagering in an unethical or irregular manner or if a team member is working in an unethical or irregular manner and report the findings appropriately.
16. Ensure Sportsbook area is clean and that the equipment is in proper working condition daily.
17. Ensures compliance with regulatory controls both internal and external including but not limited to state and federal laws and the Arizona State Gaming Commission regulations.
18. Close out end of the shift reports and ensure money has been transferred to the main Cage.
19. Approves all Sportsbook over-the-limit wagers for the property within guidelines.
20. Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information; protects GED assets.
21. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
22. Ensures compliance with currency transaction requirements, Title 31, and money laundering and Suspicious Activity Reporting for Casinos (SARC) requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of Sportsbook operations, such as accounting procedures and administrative tasks.
2. Knowledge and understanding of departmental and GED internal controls, policies, and procedures as well as applicable gaming laws, ordinances, and regulations.
3. Knowledge of human resources principles, practices, and procedures.
4. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software, including word processing and spreadsheets.
5. Good organizational, planning, and time management skills.
6. Good communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
7. Ability to write reports and correspondence.
8. Ability to speak effectively before groups.
9. Ability to respond to internal and external inquiries or complaints ranging from guests to regulatory agency representatives.
10. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
1. High school or General Equivalency Diploma.
2. Minimum of one (1) year Sportsbook supervisor experience or (1) year supervisor experience with high volume cash handling.
3. Knowledge and understanding of supervisory principles, practices, and procedures.
4. Demonstrated track record of reliability, responsiveness, and initiative.
5. Demonstrated track record of providing excellent guest service.
6. Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
7. Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
8. Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
9. Must be able to obtain, maintain, and retain a valid gaming license.
1. Supervisory experience.
2. Bachelor Degree
3. Minimum of one (1) year Sportsbook supervisor experience or (1) year supervisor experience with high volume cash handling.
Casino Del SolWhy Work Here?
Great Team Atmosphere, Potential Growth, Employee Incentives, Excellent Benefits, 401k vested 1st day of employment!
Just 15 minutes from Tucson International Airport and downtown, you’ll discover The Sol of Tucson—Casino Del Sol. An oasis nestled in the secluded mesquites of the high Sonoran Desert. Our gracious and welcoming casino resort is a successive five-time recipient of a AAA Four-Diamond rating, and TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence.
5655 W. Valencia Rd.Tucson, AZ
ManufacturingView all jobs at Casino Del Sol