Dual Rate Roulette Dealer/Supervisor ($750 sign-on incentive)
Casino Del Sol Tucson, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Position: Table Games Dual Rate Roulette Dealer / Floor Supervisor
Reports To: Table Games Assistant Shift Manager
Department: Table Games
Job Summary: When acting in the capacity of a dealer, primary responsibilities are the accurate, professional and proficient dealing of assigned games in accordance with policy, procedures, rules and internal controls and in compliance with applicable gaming regulations. Assumes Floor Supervisor responsibilities in the absence of the primary Floor supervisor due to scheduled days off, paid time off, illness, position vacancy, or emergency circumstances. At no time will a Dual Rate Dealer / Floor Supervisor serve concurrently in the capacity of Dealer and Supervisor.
Dealer Primary Duties and Responsibilities: (Specific areas of responsibilities included but not limited to.)
- Responsible for the protection and control of assigned games and assets.
- Conducts the games in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, handling player transactions and notifying Supervisor of any irregularities.
- Advises Supervisor or Management of Table Games of any player disputes or procedural errors that may arise during the game.
- Informs Supervisor or other supervisory personnel of any important or relevant facts regarding specific players and their action.
- Maintains a professional, friendly and courteous atmosphere providing the customer with a pleasant gaming experience, and notifying Supervisor of any customer needs i.e., cocktails, host service, etc.
- Promotes departmental and property wide promotions.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal gaming laws, rules and regulations as well as the Company’s internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to the casino attendance policy.
Floor Supervisor Primary Duties And Responsibilities: (Specific areas of responsibilities included but not limited to.)
1. Enforces performance standards, policies and procedures relating to Blackjack; ensuring compliance with the gaming regulations.
2. Responsible for checking bankroll from previous shift to ensure accuracy, assists Supervisor/Dealer in physical count of bankroll at shift change.
3. Observes game, players and dealers, to ensure accuracy of game and ensures games played, and ensures game protection.
4. Ensures that all games move at an appropriate pace.
5. Promotes positive customers relations providing a delightful gaming experience by, answering questions, resolving disputes, calling beverage servers, comping etc.
6. Assists in training and evaluating of subordinate employees in a fair and equitable manner.
7. Responsible for tracking players, noting buy-ins, length of play, win/loss and average bet.
8. Knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, etc.) as well as the Company’s internal controls, policies and procedures.
9. Must be familiar with pit accounting procedures and administrative tasks, i.e.. fills, credits, marker transactions and other documented responsibilities.
10. Responsible for maintaining a consistent and regular attendance record.
11. Supervises dealers on assigned shift.
12. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. Minimum of two years Roulette experience in table games dealing and supervision along successful completion of dealer audition and interview.
3. Basic knowledge of all current house procedures required.
4. Ability to obtain a gaming license.
5. Strong organizational and communication skills required.
6. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
7. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
8. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
9. While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms; talk with guests and listen; stand and walk for an entire shift. The noise level in the work environment in usually loud.
10. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
11. The noise level in the work environment usually loud.
12. Stand and maintain the appropriate posture while dealing.
13. Ability to interact with excellent customer service skills.
14. Ability to work in a smoking environment.
Casino Del SolWhy Work Here?
Great Team Atmosphere, Potential Growth, Employee Incentives, Excellent Benefits, 401k vested 1st day of employment!
Just 15 minutes from Tucson International Airport and downtown, you’ll discover The Sol of Tucson—Casino Del Sol. An oasis nestled in the secluded mesquites of the high Sonoran Desert. Our gracious and welcoming casino resort is a successive five-time recipient of a AAA Four-Diamond rating, and TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence.
5655 W Valencia Road TucsonTucson, AZ
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Casino Del Sol