Landscape Foreman and Operations Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
LANDSCAPE FOREMAN/ OPERATIONS MANAGER
Casey & Company is growing! Our Sustainable and Fine Gardens company is creating More Than Just a Pretty Space in gardens all across the Washington DC metro area. We’re seeking a Foreman/ Operations Manager at our new location in the heart of the historic Georgetown neighborhood business district in Washington DC. If you are passionate about green infrastructure, we’re looking for you.
Salary is between $40k-$51k. We offer health care, paid time off, mileage reimbursement, MacBook Air workstation, integrated Service System software, reimbursement for professional development, employee referral bonus program, happy, drama-free colleagues, charming work environment in the shop, and career advancement opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- You will install project designs for Bayscapes & Raingardens for our RiverSmart Homes projects and more complex gardens for our Fine Gardens Division as well as maintain our recurring client projects.
- You will provide adequate communication with clients throughout the install process, including notifying clients if delays are anticipated.
- You will supervise the planting and propagating of bedding plants and may manage greenhouse operations, as applicable.
- You will correctly identify utility markings and adherence to safe digging regulations.
- You will submit required paperwork and photos to indicate complete projects for approval and invoicing.
- You will direct activities on the job sites including but not limited to: coordinating workflow, hands on work, and operating a variety of machinery.
- You will perform and coordinate a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in outdoor projects and worksites
- You will work with inventory management to get projects to completion and follow up with the client to ensure satisfaction and sell maintenance services on completed projects.
- You will have a significant number of projects of differing types and sizes on the boards at all times. This requires proactively coordinating projects, maintenance clients and administrative tasks using effective time management.
- You will maintain a professional manner at all times with staff and clients, including a clean and professional appearance, being punctual and dependable, of good character and possessing a positive attitude.
- You will recruit, hire and train supervisors and crew members on job responsibilities and safety.
- You will keep an inventory of, and maintain, power equipment and hand tools and read and interpret safety/employment manuals and other work-related documents.
- You will maintain a neat, clean, and safe job site and operate heavy equipment such as front-end loaders, mini excavators, and skid steer machinery with various attachments.
- You will be responsible for the safe loading and unloading of vehicles, operation of equipment, hauling, material handling and storage, and preventative maintenance on a small fleet of vehicles
- You will ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- You will promote and maintain a positive attitude and provide exceptional client service
The Landscape Foreman/Operations Manager coordinates with the Crew Lead and/or Landscape Designer to install and maintain gardens, lawns, patios, irrigation systems, and other related fixtures and appendages on residential and commercial properties. When a Crew lead is off-site the Landscape Foreman is expected to take leadership and responsibility of the project. The Landscape Foreman/ Operations Manager is also expected to lead projects from start to finish without direct supervision. The Landscape Foreman/ Operations manager is responsible for beginning and end of day tasks.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Degree in horticulture, natural resources, landscape design, or similar field OR CBLP Level 1 Certification plus verifiable foreman or operations manager experience.
- Personal characteristics that usually excel in this role are: ethical, organized, detail oriented, flexible, technologically proficient, self reliant, easy-going, clean and professional appearance
- Knowledge in maintaining native plants and annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees, ability to identify soil types and accurately assess correct amendments, knowledge of fertilizer and/or pesticide applications.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade and perform and supervise grounds maintenance tasks.
- Skill in interpreting and completing landscape plans
- Pesticide Applicator's License a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish/ English a plus
- Must possess a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment
- Knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions, and ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to both employees and clients.
- Ability to interpret, understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions, meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency, and work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Proficient in operating heavy equipment such as front end loaders, mini excavators, and skid steer machinery with various attachments.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Able to work effectively with individuals of varying skill levels and backgrounds.
- Clean and professional appearance.
- Punctual and dependable.
- DOEE requires all RiverSmart grantees and subcontractors working in the District to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or apply for an exemption
Hours per week:
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys landscaping, is highly professional i.e. hard working, with the right attitude, an affable personality, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, has personal character, and has the technical expertise, certifications, and education to consistently produce quality landscaping product. This person can work in a team environment, motivate and engage others, and help grow our business. This person should also be comfortable with administrative tasks as well as working in the field.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 - $54,000.00 per year
Casey & Company Interiors & Fine GardensWhy Work Here?
We're building a great company and enjoying the present. Come grow with us.
Casey & Company provides sustainable and fine garden professional design, installation, detailing services, live plants and garden materials for our clients and customers to help them create a “Sense Of Place” that’s more than just a pretty space.
1052 Potomac Street NWWashington, DC