Winder / Slitter
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We’re adding a new role to our team here: Winder / Slitter Operator! What exactly does this position entail, you ask? Well, in addition to the standard battery of magic tricks and superhuman feats that we expect of all our teammates, this position will have primary responsibility to operate our focal piece of equipment—the sheeter! A Sheeter Operator will be able to achieve high levels of quality throughput and lead his crew to meet productivity standards. If that’s not specific enough for you, try this list on for size:
- The Winder / Slitter operator creates precision rolls for high speed paper converting machines.
- Maintain the slitting Production levels with required quality
- Read work orders to verify job being ran is setup correctly
- Perform QC checks on each roll as they come off Slitter to make sure the highest quality product is produced.
- Responsible for setting up the next job
- Evaluate helpers progress and training needs.
- Safely operate variety of material moving equipment's such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hoists to transport and lift materials finished products
- Perform any other job duties as assigned by the Shift Supervisor.
- “Other duties as assigned” (of course we would add this one!)
Do you have what it takes?
We’re looking for a teammate with at least 2-3 of relevant work experience in manufacturing operations, and/or logistics. It would be super if you had experience in a manufacturing environment and even better if you have worked in paper, packaging, or print. We’d love it if you’ve had previous management or leadership positions. This work experience will give you a baseline understanding of the manufacturing process that you can apply to this position.
You don’t need a degree for this position, but we’d love someone who has their GSD (“get stuff done”) or has paid tuition to the school of hard knocks. It’s helpful, though, if you have had formal training in management, maintenance, or production. Your educational background may provide you the tools and ideas you need to know what makes an excellent supervisor, but if you don’t have the formal book learning, we still value the hard work, experience, curiosity, and best practices you can bring from other positions and workplaces.
The knowledge you have learned from training and workplace experiences is important, but as Shinichi Suzuki once said, “Knowledge is not a skill. Knowledge plus ten thousand times is a skill.” Here are some things we hope you have done ten thousand times or so to become skilled:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload, shifting between a variety of tasks as necessary.
- Resourceful problem solver with proven ability to bring quick resolution to challenging situations that result in continuous improvement.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Experience working on a team: collaborating and communicating with others.
- A good sense of humor
Physical Requirements: Standing , ability to lift upto 25 ponds
All Sound Good? Here is the Silver Lining
At Case Paper, we value diversity and welcome all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, family status. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, personal time, and sick leave, as well as multiple options for medical and dental insurance. We also offer optional life, short-term disability, long-term disability, and accident insurance. But most important, you’ll have a chance to make awesome products and work with fantastic people who are great at what they do!
2018 Brevard Road High PointHigh Point, NC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Case Paper
Get fresh Slitter Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.