2nd Shift Logistic Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We’re on a roll so we’re hiring! And if you give a “sheet” about paper then that’s a great start (especially if you can tolerate other tearable puns). Case Paper is a family-owned business that is renowned for its commitment to extreme customer satisfaction. We’re literally and figuratively “On the Case” and have been for 78+ years.
We’re adding a new member to our team here:2nd Shift Logistic Specialist !hat exactly does this position entail, you ask? Well, in addition to the standard battery of superhuman feats that we expect of all our teammates, this position will have primary responsibility to unload materials so that the team can do their magic and load it up again so that the customers can experience it. If that’s not specific enough for you, try this list on for size
- Participate in safety initiatives and commit to a safe working environment, free of accident and harm to employees and the community
- Unload incoming materials from dry vans, tractor trailer, or cargo containers
- Load outgoing materials onto dry vans, tractor trailers, or cargo containers (See what we did there? Just the opposite of the one above it.)
- Use forklift, clamp truck, and other powered industrial equipment (PIT) to move materials between work centers, including staging materials for immediate use at the laminator
- Maintain warehouse inventory integrity, cycle counts, and bin location accuracy
- Enter data into computer logs and ERP systems to maintain production coordination and accuracy
- Assist operators to load/unload materials from their machines to optimize uptime
- Make recommendations to management to improve productivity and efficiency
- Support the training program within Case Makes to bolster cooperation and cross training across the operation
- “Other duties as assigned” (of course we would add this one!)
Do you have what it takes? We’re ideally looking for a teammate with some relevant work experience in warehouse, distribution, and/or manufacturing operations. It would be super if you had experience operating forklifts, and even better if you are scared of heavy loads! If you have been in the shipping and receiving departments of other companies, you’ll know very well what we are looking for. This experience will help you start making an impactful contribution on day one.
You don’t necessarily need a degree for this position, but we’d love someone who has their GSD (“get stuff done”) or has paid tuition to the school of hard knocks. It’s helpful, though, if you have had formal training in manufacturing, operations, or warehousing best practices. Your educational background should provide you the tools and ideas you need in order to know what makes an excellent warehouseman, but if you don’t have the formal book learning, we still value the hard work, experience, curiosity, and best practices you can bring from other positions and workplaces. Those of you who were alive in 1992 might remember that the Beastie Boys “got the skills to pay the bills.” Well, it’s been almost 30 years since that iconic song was sung, but it still remains that you need skills to pay the bills.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
• Basic computer skills (explorer file navigation, save/save-as, button interfaces, email)
• Beginner Excel skills (file saving, data entry, simple calculations)
• Able to operate heavy equipment, including a forklift or clamp truck
• Basic math skills (addition and subtraction of fractions, basic number sense) → don’t worry; we’ll provide the calculator!
• Ability to multitask and prioritize workload, shifting between a variety of tasks as necessary Lastly, some other job details:
You’ll need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship to throw you hat into the ring for this one. This job is located in Osgood, Indiana. The core working hours for this position are Monday-Friday 1:30pm-10pm with 30 minutes for lunch, but there may be times that other hours are required for training or coverage issues, including early mornings, late evenings, overnight, and overtime. While we’re open to all candidates, we’re not offering any relocation benefits at this time (sad face). This is our first whack at this job description, so the final job might be subject to some changes. Hey, that’s what being flexible is all about!
All Sound Good? Here is the Silver Lining
At Case Paper, we value diversity and welcome all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, family status. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, personal time, and sick leave, as well as multiple options for medical and dental insurance. We also offer optional life, short-term disability, long-term disability, and accident insurance. But most important, you’ll have a chance to make awesome products and work with fantastic people who are great at what they do!
604 Railroad Ave. OsgoodOsgood, IN
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Case Paper
Get fresh Junior Logistics Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.