Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare, one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
Sites are run 24/7 and shifts available are typically day, swing, overnight, and on-call shifts. There are three of these programs and two are located in NE Portland and one in SE Portland, Mid-County area.
Secure Residential Treatment Programs serve adults with severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI) who have a history of institutionalizing in the state hospital system. They are transitional facilities with a goal to help residents become more independent. There is strong emphasis on community integrations which includes therapy and skills-building groups, dual-diagnosis treatment, nutrition and exercise, vocational training program, and staff-escorted community outings. Due to the high level of support for the residents, these programs have a higher level of staffing.
The Secure Residential Treatment Specialist works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to implement and monitor the treatment of residents within the particular residential facility in which they live. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based approach to assisting clients in achieving their individual goals.
This position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
* Provide therapeutic interventions with residents as required and directed by the mental health treatment plan.
* Provide individual and/or group skill training, supervision and support in areas such as self-care, hygiene, community resources, and other life skills as directed by the plan of care.
* Facilitate a minimum of one therapeutic group per week.
* Participate in regular supervision and act in the role of Primary Treatment Coordinator. Attend clinical case conferences and staff meetings to gain knowledge and communicate program and resident needs.
* Comply with and implement regulations, policies, and procedures under which the facility is licensed and operates.
* Assist in crisis situations as appropriate, following emergency protocols and procedures. Have the ability and be prepared to assist with avoidance preventing escalation; apply physical and mechanical restraint techniques as appropriate, to avoid crisis situations or to neutralize crises in progress.
* Assist in meal set-up, preparation, serving, and clean up related to meal times or cooking group activities. Perform other household chores as needed, including but not limited to, light housekeeping and cleaning of biohazards.
* Accompany residents to, and assist residents during medical appointments in the community.
* Respect and honor client rights and responsibilities and demonstrate professional boundaries and ethics.
* Document and maintain clinical records in a manner that assures compliance with all agency policies and procedures and local, state, and federal regulations. Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation as required, associated with assessment, treatment, residents' progress and other activities. Complete electronic medical records (EMR) as required using Cascadia software.
* Demonstrate responsibility for safety of residents and property; have an understanding of fire regulations and evacuation procedures; hold regular fire safety drills with residents in compliance with facility policies and procedures.
* Adhere to mandatory abuse reporting laws and HIPAA requirements.
* Be ready and able to serve as a lead person, responsible for contacting the Administrator On-Call for clinical decisions and direction and provide leadership for decisions that are needed throughout a shift
* Stay awake on all shifts.
* Provide input into the establishment of operational procedures.
* Coordinate with oncoming shift regarding resident concerns, building/program needs, and any relevant issues to ensure the smooth operation of the program.
* Provide input toward the therapeutic treatment plan in collaboration with the case manager.
* Administer seclusion and restraint techniques as defined in non-violent physical intervention training.
* Provide medication administration and other tasks as delegated by a Registered Nurse.
* Provide transportation service to escort residents out in the community.
The Secure Residential Treatment Specialist I is an entry level position, requiring a high school diploma or GED.
The Secure Residential Treatment Specialist II requires either a Bachelor's degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university or three years of full time professional experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness.
Some work experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Operate Computer hardware and software (Including Electronic Health Record Software) at a level to effectively perform the job functions, including entering and retrieving data.
Work may include the use of company provided transportation in order to transport clients; incumbent must possess a valid driver's license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course (Overnight shift is an exception based on program needs).
The physical demands of this position will require the ability to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care. For more information about physical requirements or to request an accomodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected status. Cascadia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled