Multiple On call Opportunities-Direct Support, Mental Health/Counselor
Cascadia Behavioral HealthcarePortland, OR
Posted: over a month ago
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare, one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care and who are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and who are expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
We have multiple on call opportunities.These positions are located at various sites in Portland and Portland Metro area; Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington county. Shifts available are day, swing and overnight shifts.
These positions are titled as follows:
* Residential Counselor I
* Treatment Specialist I
* Secure Residential Treatment Specialist I
The Direct Support Staff work as a member of an interdisciplinary team to implement and monitor treatment for residents within the residential facility. These positions involve participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client centered approach to assisting residents in achieving individual goals and ultimately transitioning to a less restrictive setting.
This position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
* Provide therapeutic interventions
* Provide individual and/or group skill training, in areas such as self-care, hygiene, community resources, and other life skills
* Facilitate a minimum of one therapeutic group per week.
* Participate in supervision and act in the role of Primary Treatment Coordinator
* Comply with and implement regulations, policies, and procedures
* Assist in crisis situations as appropriate, following emergency protocols and procedures; be prepared to assist with avoidance preventing escalation; and for secure sites, be able to apply physical and mechanical restraint techniques as appropriate, to avoid crisis situations or to neutralize crises in progress.
* Assist in meal set-up, preparation, serving, and clean up and perform other household chores as needed such as light housekeeping
* Accompany and assist residents during medical appointments in the community.
* Demonstrate professional boundaries and ethics.
* Document and maintain clinical records in a manner that assures compliance with all agency policies and procedures
* Demonstrate responsibility for safety of residents and property
* Adhere to mandatory abuse reporting laws and HIPAA requirements.
* Be ready and able to serve as a lead person, responsible for contacting the Administrator On-Call for clinical decisions and direction and provide leadership for decisions that are needed throughout a shift
* Stay awake on all shifts
* Provide input into the establishment of operational procedures.
* Coordinate with oncoming shift regarding resident concerns, building/program needs, and any relevant issues to ensure the smooth operation of the program.
* Provide input toward the therapeutic treatment plan in collaboration with the case manager.
* Secure Sites only: Administer seclusion and restraint techniques as defined in non-violent physical intervention training.
* Provide medication administration
* Under special circumstance, it may be required that the staff covers another site within the same type of programs, regardless of home site.
* On Call incumbents provide relief to regular staff and commit to working a minimum of 4 shifts a month.
* Float positions require the incumbent to fill shifts to meet FTE by using electronic scheduler or by contacting the program administrators of the program/site.
* Provide transportation service to escort residents out in the community.
* Complete annual employee training requirements
* Participate in all scheduled staff meetings
* Ability to perform CPR, First Aid, and properly use AED equipment. CPR/ First Aid certifications are required and must remain current.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands of this position will require the ability to perform the essential functions without compromising client care. For more information about physical requirements or if you request an accomodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected status. Cascadia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Some work experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Operate Computer hardware and software (Including Electronic Health Record Software) at a level to effectively perform the job functions, including entering and retrieving data.
Work may include the use of company provided transportation in order to transport clients; incumbent may need to possess a valid driver's license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course (Overnight shift is an exception based on program needs).
Cascadia seeks to become consumer-involved, consumer-engaged, and consumer-driven. Cascadia furthermore seeks to increase its trauma-sensitive services. The incumbent must embody the principles of Recovery, Consumer-involvement, and Trauma-informed care as demonstrated in prior work experience and day-to-day attitude and behavior.