Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Why work for us? Our organization, from the CEO (top down), emphasizes the presence of LMPs as a pertinent part of the quality care we deliver to our consumers. As a community service provider, we value our LMPs as an integrated part of our team. We are not just about 15 minute prescriber sessions and med management, we build relations, and we have a 15 year retention rate for LMPs.
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare, one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care and who are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and who are expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
This position is part time at 20 hours/week. Schedule TBD. Hours are day time hours, Monday - Friday, but incubment has some flexibility on hours they'll work. The position is located at one of Cascadia's community health centers located in NE Portland, Gateway area. This position will work with the Recovery Services and Older Adults program.
Provide psychiatric assessments and ongoing medication management to consumers receiving services at Cascadia clinical programs, while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the PMHNP understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. Depending on the program served, services may range from one time consultations to internal staff or external partner providers/agencies to ongoing services. Provide formal and informal case consultation to case managers, therapists, nursing staff, and other treatment team members. Coordinate with primary care and other external care providers serving individual consumers, as per community standards. Provide case consultation and support to family and/or other members of individual consumer's support systems, as needed.
This position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
* Determine medical necessity and appropriateness of mental health services for enrolled consumers.
* Document medical supervision of cases by signing comprehensive mental health assessments, updates, and individual support and service plans.
* Provide psychiatric assessments for enrolled consumers.
* Provide screening and assessment of consumer's medical needs, including lab testing.
* Provide medication consultation and management for consumers, including supplying prescriptions and providing ongoing assessment of medication effectiveness, safety, and appropriateness.
* Provide case consultation to Cascadia clinicians, including participation in regular treatment team meetings.
* Maintain accurate and up to date documentation on consumer care, following agency requirements for clinical and billing purposes.
* Work cooperatively with other treatment team members in the service of consumers.
* Work cooperatively with external care providers and support system members in the service of consumers.
* Document and maintain electronic health record (EHR) and ancillary records in a manner that assures compliance with all agency policies, program procedures and local, state, and federal regulations. Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation as required, associated with billing, assessment, treatment, client's progress and other activities.
* Provide urgent back up services for consumers enrolled in the same services/program whose primary medical provider is unavailable.
* Respect and honor consumer rights and responsibilities and demonstrate professional boundaries and ethics.
* Assist in crisis situations as appropriate, following emergency protocols/procedures and coordinating with the treatment team with interventions which support a trauma informed environment for clients/residents and staff.
* Adhere to mandatory abuse reporting laws and HIPAA requirements.
* Deliver timely, accurate, and professional documentation. Provide input on all relevant documentation and procedural requirements.
* Complete annual employee training requirements on a timely basis as indicated in the licensing requirements for the facility as well as agency requirements. Attend seminars, training and other educational opportunities in order to develop professional skills and abilities.
* Participate in all scheduled staff meetings, supervision sessions, and other departmental and agency meetings.
* Is able to perform CPR, First Aid, and properly use AED equipment. CPR/ First Aid certifications are required and must remain current.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is represented by a labor union
* Psychiatrist MD or DO: Requires an active state medical license, including maintenance requirements and DEA certification.
* Certification (or eligibility for certification) by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
* PMHNP: Must have an Active State Nursing License as a PMHNP, including maintenance requirements and DEA certification.
* Certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
2-5 years of clinical experience with a community mental health clinic population is preferred but not essential.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Sufficient computer skills to complete documentation in an electronic medical records system in a timely manner
* Provide care in a setting consistent with the principles of collaborative care informed by stages of change models
The physical demands of this position will require the ability to perform the essential functions without compromising client care. For more inquiries about physical requirements or if you request an accommodation, please contact email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected status. Cascadia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.