Cascades Pet Hospital Sterling, VA
- Posted: 27 days ago
- $13 to $16 Hourly
Cascades Pet Hospital is a progressive, fast paced small animal clinic that is looking for a full-time veterinary technician/assistant to help us care for the pets, as well as the clients, that come through our doors. We are looking for someone who is happy, warm, and willing to go above and beyond for our clients. They will need to be able to multitask, keep calm in a busy environment, not cut corners, and be a team player all while putting our best foot forward.
Cascades Pet Hospital is a family environment behind the scenes as well – meaning that our new technician/assistant will also need to be trustworthy, honest, and a dependable team player. Also, just as we need our clients to be in for their appointments on time, we need our employees to have good time management skills and be a self starting, solution oriented individual.
It is preferred that any applicants have a minimum of 1 year experience as a veterinary technician/assistant. You must also have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You must be able to lift at least 50 lbs on a regular basis, and be able to be exposed to hazards associated with pets (such as allergies, contagious diseases, loud noises, odors, and animal waste). This is a full time position, including Saturdays and alternating Sundays so that we can be sure to take care of all of our clients – including those who can’t get to us during the week!
Some requirements include:
- Compassion for animals and people
- Knowledge of animal behavior
- Animal handling/ restraint skills
- IV catheterization/ drawing blood
- Managing patients in the hospital alongside the Doctor
- Anesthesia monitoring/ surgical preparation
Related keywords: veterinary assistant, animal, animal care, veterinary, vet assistant
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 per hour
2. Educating clients on brands we carry in the store
3. Tending to the animals (feeding and cleaning their bedding)
4. Always on your feet. Being as pro-active as possible
Cascades Pet HospitalWhy Work Here?
A Great environment to work at with animals who are the best!
1. Greeting customers as they come 2. Educating clients on brands we carry in the store 3. Tending to the animals (feeding and cleaning their bedding) 4. Always on your feet. Being as pro-active as possible
21435 Epicerie Plaza #170 Sterling VA 20164Sterling, VA