Accounts Payable Specialist
Cascade Drilling, LP Bothell, WA
- Posted: August 02, 2021
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the efficient management of the review and entry of all invoices, vendors, and accounts. An accounts payable specialist works with all facets of the accounting system, principally the validation, processing, and filing of invoices. The specialist must make sure that all invoices are accurate and have been properly documented and approved by the authorizing employee prior to making a payment. Once the proper verifications and authorizations are received, the specialist is responsible for submitting payments in a timely fashion. This position also requires verifying and procuring proper Internal Revenue Service documentation such as 1099 and W-9 forms from vendors. The specialist also files and maintains files for all invoices, accounts payable payments, and tax information for vendors.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of invoices for payment to vendors
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Ensure General Ledger account coding is valid
- Reconciles vendor statements and resolve issues
- Perform root causes analysis related to invoice discrepancies and work with Buyers, vendors, and the Procurement Department to resolve them
- Ensure Accounts Payable questions and issues are resolved on a timely basis
- Analyze financial data and to prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion
- Payable disbursements are timely and accurate
- Track W9 and process year end 1099
- Other assigned projects are managed timely and accurately
- Complete all other duties and projects as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2 - 5 years of accounts payable experience
- Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy is very important. Good time management skills with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Act as a team player and be able to interact with staff at all levels of the company
- Handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
- Exceptional computer skills, including accounting systems knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is required
Offer of employment is conditional upon passing a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test and maintaining a clean driving record, in accordance with DOT requirements.
Cascade Environmental, LLC, and our subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of ones employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination. EEO is the Law.
Cascade is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at (425) 527-9700.
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascades core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employees careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive, paid on-the-job training
- Flexible career paths with opportunities for advancement and growth
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- Drilling License Bonuses / CDL License Pay Increases / Tuition Reimbursement
- Performance-based pay increases and potential for project bonuses
- Charitable monetary donation match to eligible nonprofit organizations
We are proud to provide a full range of competitive and flexible benefits programs that help our employees and their families plan for today and their future.
Who are you?
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Desire to learn new skills
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
Learn more about what a Cascade Driller Assistant doesHERE.
Find out why our employees choose Cascade and what its like to work in various Cascade roles on ourCareers Page.
Cascade Drilling, LP
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Cascade Drilling, LP