Team Lead, Customer Experience
Carvana Tempe, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Our mission is simple, we are changing the way people buy cars. We are the first 100% online car-buying experience, which means we have no sales team and no commission-based positions within our company. We are disrupting the auto industry by removing the painful process of the dealership experience and replacing it with a seamless and convenient online platform. Here at Carvana we are passionate about delivering exceptional service to every customer! After purchasing a vehicle online, the customer chooses to pick-up their vehicle at one of our state of the art vending machines, or the car is delivered to their doorstep, using our touchless delivery process.
About the team and position
A Team Lead within Customer Experience will drive individual development and team success through constructive coaching and results-oriented motivation. The Team Lead will lead a team of Advocates to deliver amazing customer experiences and coach advocates to perform to the best of their ability. We are looking for someone who is passionate about coaching, has knowledge of the Carvana customer experience process, and is willing to be “in the trenches” with their team.
We focus on 6 Key Principles which include Empathy, Passion, Commitment, Anticipation, Clarity, and demonstrating that Every Customer Matters on every call.
The Team Lead, Customer Care will report to the Manager, Customer Care and will be a salaried, full-time position.
***Must live within the Phoenix, Arizona metropolitan area***
What you'll be doing
- Leading, mentoring, and motivating a team of Customer Experience advocates to perform at the highest level.
- Ensuring all Advocates meet or exceed all Carvana standards.
- Serving as a resource for your team to resolve complex customer scenarios.
- Resolving escalated customer situations over the phone to turn experiences around.
- Building a culture of excellence and accountability through regular behavior coaching and development sessions.
- Serving as a role model of and an advocate for the Carvana values.
- Actively looking for ways to improve the overall customer and Advocate team experience.
- Implementing policies and procedures to exceed customer advocate standards.
- Maintain and produce daily, weekly and monthly reports of team performance through the Carvana principles and respective targets and goals.
- Addressing and effectively managing complex and sensitive customer-facing and advocate-facing issues
- Proactively communicating with leadership regarding business performance, adverse impact of decisions on the customers and potential risks to the business.
- Being a continuous positive force within the office, creating strong morale and spirit throughout the Advocate team.
- Communicating and inspiring a team in a constantly changing environment
- Other duties as assigned.
What the job requires
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements
- 5+ years’ work experience in a customer-facing team environment.
- 3+ years of management experience.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both internally and externally.
- Passion for delivering incredible customer experiences
- Experience working with all levels of management.
- Strong ability to coach and motivate others.
- Experience with strategic planning and process improvement.
- Successful track record of guiding teams to exceed goals.
- Experience resolving escalated customer scenarios and strong customer relations skills.
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Willingness to work on weekends.
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Carvana will make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CarvanaWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, great benefits, and lots of room for growth and development!
1930 W. Rio Salado Pkwy TempeTempe, AZ