Recently ranked #5 in Forbes Magazine's list of America's Most Promising Companies, Carvana offers the excitement, culture and opportunity of a start-up along with the capitalization and infrastructure of an established business.
We sell cars, but we're not salespeople. At Carvana, we've made it our mission to transform how cars are bought and sold. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way so we committed to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world - the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
We provide a seamless car buying experience for consumers. Carvana features a searchable online showroom of fully-inspected, certified cars, high-resolution 360° photographs of every vehicle's' interior and exterior, real-time financing and warranty packages, and rapid delivery or pick-up options. We deliver cars to the buyer's driveway in as little as 24 hours or offer pick-up from one of our state-of-the-art car vending machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day money back guarantee. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car, which we pass on to our customers.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
We are a team of bright people, willing to roll up our sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once. You'll need to be great at communicating, even better at executing, and bring the know-how and leadership to get the job done. The pace is pretty quick around here so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest-growing, industry-changing technology companies around. You will see your impact on the business and help build a world-class team.
Creating an extraordinary customer experience is at the heart of Carvana. Our goal is to place the customer in control of the car buying experience and infuse honesty and transparency back into the car buying process.
The Reconditioning Manager oversees all aspects of the vehicle reconditioning process and directs at least five leads and up to 70 front line associates in a lean manufacturing environment. The Manager maintains a culture of continuous improvement and high associate engagement while meeting quality, production, and cost objectives.
- People Management (40%)
- Ensure staffing levels are maintained and that there is adequate backup for each position
- Ensure progression path training and certification process is consistently executed
- Promote teamwork through all levels of associates
- Participate in the selection and hiring process
- Train and mentor leads
- Provide competency based feedback to leads and associates
- Standard Operating Procedures (20%)
- Establish and recommend updates to the standard operating procedures of the area
- Ensure operating standards such as standardized work, operating rules, 5S, and visual management tools are consistently executed
- Production Management (20%)
- Ensure adequate production capacity levels for each line and assist with production planning
- Identify problems either through reporting or direct interaction on the shop floor
- Take action to determine the most appropriate solution to the problem
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety and loss prevention guidelines
- Leadership (10%)
- Provide vision and guidance to the reconditioning team in meeting performance metrics
- Positively reinforce and engage the team regarding quality, production and cost objectives
- Live the Carvana values
- Continuous Improvement (10%)
- Participate in and lead continuous improvement efforts
- Train and mentor associates on problem solving, lead problem solving events
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience either in automotive or a lean manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Proven track record of leading and developing associates
- Proven ability to obtain project deliverables and company metrics
- Valid in-state driver's license
- Understanding of the Toyota Production System problem solving model is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work with and through teams to achieve results
- Strong analysis and decision making ability
- Proficient computer skills
- Work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions
- Use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials
- May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special programs and events.
- Frequent standing and sitting with varying periods of each
- Lift up to 40 pounds frequently
- Walk up to three miles each day
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Regular PTO
- Company culture of promotions from within and varied, rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening.
Carvana is a tobacco-free workplace.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.