Document Administration Lead
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we are not salespeople. We have made it our mission to create a hassle-free way for people to buy and sell cars. We saw a huge problem with how much of a headache it is to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to put customer satisfaction at the core of our business. We have built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money. Customers can search through thousands of vehicles online, see full 360-degree views of both the interior and exterior of the vehicles before deciding to go through the purchasing process. Our Customer Advocates will then either deliver the purchased vehicle to our customer's driveway using one of our kick-ass one car haulers, or they will meet our customers at one of our amazing coin-operated Vending Machines.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
About The Team And Position
Carvana's Market Operation department is known for its team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
We expect bright people who are willing to roll up their sleeves, step in wherever needed, mentor and develop team members, and assume additional responsibilities as needed while juggling multiple projects. Don't forget to bring your personality! We thrive from each unique perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
This position is responsible for creating, auditing, and processing customer paperwork to timely and accurately register a vehicle. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What You'll Be Doing
- Participate in the development of strategic plans, goals, and objectives, ensuring alignment with those of Market Operations and company.
- Work with senior management to define documentation accuracy goals and objectives.
- Manage and appraise the accuracy and completeness of all customer paperwork within the hub, determining and directing corrective action as needed.
- Define and implement paperwork best practices to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory standards.
- Continuously evaluate team effectiveness and hub level success in fields of paperwork accuracy and overall customer satisfaction.
- Provide guidance and performance feedback to Paperwork Specialists, Customer Advocates, and market leadership to ensure effective paperwork procedures are in place.
- Assess any process gaps and problem solve solutions efficiently, utilizing expertise and leveraging cross-functional teams.
- Assist with customers as needed via phone, email, and text to obtain information necessary to accurately complete customer paperwork and vehicle titling and registration.
- Partner with the Regulatory Compliance team to create and maintain compliance best practices within your hub. Track regulatory compliance success to determine and implement training requirements.
- Work closely with local regulatory agencies and/or partners to receive, generate, and submit paperwork in compliance with local requirements.
- Create a work and team environment that inspires positive communication, team cohesion, and adherence to Carvana's Values.
What the Job Requires
- Bachelor degree or 5+ years experience with document processing including medical billing, paralegal or similar experience required.
- Ability to lead a team successfully, maintaining a culture of accountability and growth.
- Ability to coach to performance with both direct reports and peers.
- Ability to get and maintain Notary in your local jurisdiction within the first 90 days of employment.
- Ability to manage, organize, and reconcile multiple sources of information with accuracy.
- Ability to diagnose, prioritize, and solve problems with varying complexity while maintaining a focus on team engagement and customer relations.
- Ability to communicate with customers, external partners, managers, direct reports, and coworkers effectively in a professional, courteous manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision to accomplish goals, meet deadlines, and find solutions.
- Computer literacy and data entry accuracy.
- Ability to work variable schedule(s) as necessary, including weekends.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license.
- Must have a clean driving record with no DUIs and no more than two moving violations in the last 3 years.
What we'll offer in return
- Full-Time Hourly Position.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.