Analyst, Enterprise Safe and Secure
ANALYST, ENTERPRISE SAFE & SECURE
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We've been changing the game since 2013, and we're not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
The Enterprise Safe & Secure Team (ESST) helps to keep our 10,000+ associates, who work at our 100+ various locations, safe and secure every day. By collaborating with various Carvana teams the ESST delivers strategic planning, security program development, technology innovation, asset protection processes, data analytics, crisis management, and project management. In partnership with the Field Safe & Secure Team and the Remote Safe & Secure Team - the ESST is an integral part of our Enterprise Safe & Secure Organization.
The Analyst, Enterprise Safe & Secure will provide data management and analytics support to Carvana's Enterprise Safe & Secure Team. This role is responsible for the management of a wide variety of data, as well as monitoring the quality of data, analysis, and support for strategic planning through developed metrics. The Analyst will partner with the ESS leadership team and stakeholders to develop a strategic analytical framework and suite of reporting and dashboards that will allow the cross-functional team manage risks and develop efficiencies within Carvana's business operations. The Analyst will collaborate with other interdepartmental operational groups and analytical departments, as well as external vendors to complete special projects and to collect information that is necessary for the success of this role.
What you'll be doing
- Monitor ES and risk data integrity within numerous systems established to monitor and manage our ES risk and incident data (i.e. Aclaimant, Genetec, IMS, Carli, and Department KPI's).
- Work with other departments (i.e. IC Operations, Logistics, Market Operations, Procurement, Engineering, Finance, IT, HR) to correct data inconsistencies and/or close gaps
- Analyze data trends within ES systems and make recommendations to management to ensure continuous improvement.
- Manage the development and implementation of an ES Incident Management System to track key performance indicators.
- Partner with leadership and stakeholders to assist with initiatives related to new ES risk systems, including the implementation, testing, and launch of systems.
- Acts as an advocate between ES and IT coordinating systems-related activities.
- Ability to write complex, clean SQL queries and in turn design, build, and monitor dashboards and visualizations using tools like Tableau.
- Translate data into consumable, actionable narratives and provide regular updates to stakeholders and leadership.
- Create metrics and reporting functions to measure and monitor data quality.
- Utilize business intelligence-related tools and concepts such as Tableau, SQL (through MS SQL Server), relational database design, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Excel, and Python to solve operational problems.
- Work with end-users to validate data and ensure buy-in with new reporting or analysis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you should have
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Math, Supply Chain, or similar field from an accredited undergraduate institution.
- At least 1 to 3 years of professional experience in data, reporting, and analytics.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Familiarity with Python.
- Exposure to visualization software, such as Tableau, is a plus.
- Curiosity to continue learning new analytical methods and tools (ETL processes, etc.).
- Desire to learn basic development languages such as HTML and CSS.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and the ability to work with ambiguity.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter's mentality.
- Analytical skills/mindset.
It would be great if you also had
- Master's degree (preferably in business, finance, criminal justice, or social administration).
- System design and implementation experience.
What we'll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
TechnologyView All Carvana Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.