This position is responsible for leading the day to day activities of the cold storage operations. This includes managing flow coming from inbound trucks, going to and from the processing facility, and going out on outbound trucks. Additional responsibilities include the leadership of employees and data entry in computerized tracking systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read, understand, and plan accordingly per the production schedule.
- Prepare batch sheet formulas according to the production schedule.
- Consistently manage daily operations to ensure warehouse/production protocols, quality guidelines, and safety standards are maintained, this includes maintaining clean and organized work areas.
- Maintain excellent communication with other supervisors/leads as well as plant manager to ensure ongoing changes and problems are addressed and resolved.
- Complete a daily end of shift report to be sent to all lead, supervisor, management employees. Including quality and maintenance.
- Participate and help with all training including but not limited to safety, quality, production GMP’s, forklift, etc.
Qualifications & Skills
- Two years of experience working in a supervisory role in a cold storage warehouse.
- High school diploma or its equivalency.
- Experience working with a Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Must be able to drive lift truck and maintain lift truck operator’s license.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent squatting, kneeling, stooping, and bending.