Store Assistant Manager - Building Materials
- Posted: July 15, 2022
Carter Lumber Assistant Manager is responsible for focusing on and implementing daily store operations to include selling and providing professional customer service to contractors and do-it-yourselfers. This is accomplished by following the direction set in the areas of foundation, inventory, sales and profit. Supervising employees, handling sales transactions, inventory control and communication are all components of this position. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
- Previous retail management experience, preferably in the building materials industry
- Previous experience selling installed sales and to contractors is preferred
- Proven track record in sales management, preferably in the building materials industry
- Ability to direct and train others effectively as a team leader
- Demonstrated ability to increase sales and profitability
- Well developed problem solving abilities and strong conflict resolution skills
- Assists in the managing and implementing in the overall direction of the store.
- Responsible for properly delegating and overseeing all aspects of inventory management, safety requirements and policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates sales and profit goals to ensure the support of the team.
- Responsible for setting the direction and managing areas of employment such as; hiring, communication, motivation, discipline, separation and other areas.
- Ensures goals are outlined for employees and are met.
Sales & Relationship Building
- Manages the growth of the inside sales program by ensuring estimates and material take-offs are completed on time and current relationships and services are successfully maintained.
- This is accomplished by building relationships, following up on sales calls and quotes, monitoring delivery scheduling and resolving customer complaints effectively.
Knowledge & Training
- Identifies personal growth needs and learning opportunities.
- Completes required training.
- Commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedures and more. Encourages and oversees employee career development.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
RetailView all jobs at Carter Lumber