Outside Sales Representative
- Expired: October 20, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Carter Lumber Outside Sales Representative, your work is first and foremost about creating and maintaining relationships. The building materials industry is booming, so if making connections and communicating effectively is your specialty, this is an opportunity you don't want to miss working for a multi-billion-dollar company!
Carter Lumber was founded in 1932 by W.E. Carter. For 90 years, we have strengthened our company by staying true to our values, which include honesty, hard work, and putting people first. What started as a single lumberyard in Akron, Ohio, is represented today by seven brands servicing professional builders and homeowners across thirteen states with more than 160 locations. Despite our growth, we are still a family-owned company. Our core values and our people-first culture remain the same.
Sales Reps work with all departments from the Yard and dispatch office to middle management to market Vice Presidents. You will be responsible for finding and completing sales of our full line of building materials and installed services with local contractors, builders, and remodelers. Yes, you will "sell projects," but once a job is sold, you need to manage that job and that relationship. You'll collect and keep up to date information on your customers' product use and trends, visit job sites as needed, maintain schedules, and put out fires. Proven sales strategies, commitment follow-through, and heavy communication are all necessary for success.
Salary + commission. The sky's the limit! Our commission is structured so that there is no limit to your compensation.
- Experience in sales
- Knowledge of home building basics
- Create material estimates/quotes and special orders
- Open new accounts on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Learn to read blueprints and provide material take off lists
- Ability to work independently
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Attend HBA/builder/company functions as required
Benefits (full-time employees)
- Health, Dental, Vision (Single and Family Plans) available after 30 days of employment
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company-paid life insurance and AD&D
- Optional supplemental life insurance
- Company-match 401(k)
- Vacation time and paid holidays
- Vendor incentives
- Room for growth; we promote from within!
Paste your resume here or Attach resume fileCover Letter Where did you find this job listing?* -- No answer --Company Career SiteCraigslistEmployee ReferralFaceBookFriend/Word of MouthIndeedLinkedInNewspaper AdOther Job Board What kind of job are you looking for?* -- No answer --Full timePart timeSeasonal When are you available?* Are you at least 18 years of age?* -- No answer --YesNo Available to Relocate?* -- No answer --YesNoMaybe Desired Wage or Salary (please provide):* Have you ever worked for Carter Companies before?* -- No answer --YesNo If yes, when and what location? Have you ever been discharged or asked to resign?* -- No answer --YesNo if yes, describe in detail Are you legally allowed to work in this country without sponsorship?* -- No answer --YesNo Have you ever been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor (answering yes is not automatic grounds for rejection) ?* -- No answer --YesNo If you answered yes to being convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, please describe in detail Are you willing to undergo a Background and Drug test as part of the hiring process?* -- No answer --YesNo May we contact your current employer?* -- No answer --YesNo Applicant's Consent and Release
Please read and acknowledge your understanding of our policies below:
1. The information I am presenting in this application is complete, true, and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any falsification, misrepresentation, or omissions could result in the denial of my application, withdrawal of any offer of employment, or immediate discharge.
2. I understand The Carter Lumber Company and its representatives may contact my former employers, educational institutions, references, and other third parties to obtain information. I also understand that The Carter Lumber Company may provide such information to its parent company, affiliates, and other third parties. I hereby request, release, and consent to the release and disclosure of such information.
3. I further release and hold harmless The Carter Lumber Company, its parent company, affiliates, their officers, employers and agents, and any other parties inquiring about, investigating, furnishing, communicating, reviewing, or evaluating such information from any and all potential claims, demands, damages, liabilities, and/or actions of any kind arising from such activities, whether known or unknown to me presently, that I may have, now or in the future.
4. If employed, I agree to conform to the rules and regulations of The Carter Lumber Company and understand that I will be an employee at-will, and my employment may be terminated at any time by me or The Carter Lumber Company, with or without notice, for any reason. I understand that only the President of The Carter Lumber Company has the authority to enter into any agreement for employment or to make any agreement contrary to the foregoing.
5. The Carter Lumber Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sex, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
TYPING YOUR NAME ACKNOWLEDGES YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF OUR POLICIES* How many years of experience do you have using iStruct software?* Human Check * Submit Application
BusinessView all jobs at Carter Lumber
Get fresh Outside Sales REPS jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.