Toyota Transportation Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Department: 3PL Job Status: Full-Time Reports to: Logistics Manager
As a member of the customer service team, you will be accountable for managing customer relationships through many channels of the order process. You will take complete ownership of the freight by creating and tracking orders, anticipating problems, and providing creative solutions to exceed customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Retain working knowledge of transportation systems after initial training
- Initiate contact with carriers and customers when appropriate
- Facilitate complete and thorough communication between carriers and customers
- Organize and track freight on an appropriate time schedule
- Effectively communicate an escalate events through management channels
- Compose office appropriate communication through a variety of media
- Continue proactive solutions within the network
- Provide hands on support during the absence of other team members or during peak times
- Work with peers to develop best practices that are shared across all field office networks
- Adapt to a changing process, while working towards standardization
- Flexible work schedule, with ability to work 2nd Shift
- Ability to work rotating weekend shifts as needed
High School Diploma or GED required. College degree and/or 1 year of transportation and customer service experience.
Must have strong written and verbal communication abilities as well as excellent problem analysis skills. Must be able to work in a high stress environment with the ability to adjust to continuous changing priorities. Must be professional with a positive attitude.
Proficiency in Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook email required. Must have the ability to learn new programs as necessary.
Bilingual (Spanish and English) speakers preferred. Solid work history and willingness to successfully function in a team environment.
This position is an office position within our crossdock facility. You will have access to our crossdock thus will need to follow all correct and proper PPE requirements set for entering the dock area. Such as but not limited to, wearing a reflective vest, shirt, or jacket, and steel toe shoes or shoe coverings.
At Carter Express, INC/Carter Logistics LLC, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Carter Express, INC/Carter Logistics LLC hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
Training is two weeks on 1st shift & will evaluate if a 3rd week on 1st shift for training is needed at end of the second week.
Carter Logistics LLC
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Carter Logistics LLC
Get fresh Logistics Transportation Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.