- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Department: Analyst Job Status: Full-Time Reports to: Analyst Manager
As a Logistics Analyst, you will be responsible for managing customer data and ensuring freight is routed in the most cost-effective manner. The applicant will be the primary advocate within the company for assigned customers to review transportation methods, cost, and optimization plans. The analyst will work directly with the customer, their supplier base, and internally within Carter to champion initiatives for that customer. You will need to anticipate and solve problems daily as well as provide effective communication to all necessary parties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze customer shipping data to drive improvement and obtain optimum effectiveness
- Build and review internal or customer key performance indicators, then act accordingly to drive efficiency
- Present analytical findings to the client or Carter’s executive team
- Maintain contact with customers to provide analysis and obtain feedback for improvement focus
- Work closely with other Carter departments to initiate savings projects
- Facilitate and lead customer on-boarding
- Monitor Carter’s route network to increase truck efficiency
- Track premium transportation through reporting to reduce future impact
- Work with pricing department to develop quotes for potential clients
- Provide various internal reporting as requested
College degree required.
Qualified candidate will preferably have 1-3 years of transportation/logistics or financial experience. Will possess excellent problem-solving skills and ability to process data. Must have strong organizational skills along with excellent written and verbal communication abilities. Must be self-sufficient and self-motivated.
Proficiency in Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook email required. Must have the ability to learn new programs as necessary.
Solid work history and willingness to successfully function with professionalism and a positive attitude in a team environment.
This position is an office position within our crossdock facility. You will have access to our crossdock thus will need to follow all correct and proper PPE requirements set for entering the dock area. Such as but not limited to, wearing a reflective vest, shirt, or jacket, and steel toe shoes or shoe coverings.
At Carter Express, INC/Carter Logistics LLC, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Carter Express, INC/Carter Logistics LLC hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
1st Shift Opportunity
Monday - Friday
8am - 5pm
Carter Logistics LLC
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Carter Logistics LLC
Get fresh Logistics Analyst III jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.