QAPI (Quality Assessment Performance Improvement)
The QAPI RN is responsible to oversee the Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement projects identified through the on-going data driven quality assessments and performance improvement programs for assigned agencies. These programs include but are not limited to clinical outcomes, internal process measures, and patient/family satisfaction. Will facilitate the collection of and develops and maintains an on-going process to collect, aggregate and trend data regarding agency personnel competence in order to identify patterns and act on agency personnel learning needs.
Primary Responsibility & Key Competencies
- Demonstrate workable knowledge of federal, state and local regulatory requirements as well as JCAHO standards
- Demonstrate capability of handling an on-site survey
- Demonstrate competency and experience in education and staff development
- Demonstrate competencies in leadership, motivation, and vision casting
- Demonstrate excellent problem identification and resolution skills utilizing strategic, conceptual, and analytical thought processes.
- Demonstrate competency in documentation and trending of performance improvement activities and ability to present in professional report form
- Ability to travel in state and out of state as needed
Essential Functions/Key Competencies
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- High level of skill at curriculum development and process development
- Strong computer skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Registered Nurse licensed in the state of Oklahoma, BSN required
- Five (5) years of clinical nursing experience; at least one year in home health nursing.
- Knowledge of clinical tasks, processes and workflow, medical records administration, and the related documentation techniques and practices used in a healthcare environment
- Demonstrated experience with tools, technology, and systems typically found within most healthcare environments (i.e. personal computer skills, spreadsheets, word processing, patient record systems, EMR systems, etc.).