Diecutting Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you want to work for a smart, global company that's as committed to its employees as it is to manufacturing processes? At Cartamundi, the world leader in the manufacturing of playing cards and board games, you'll find a highly committed, collaborative culture that feels like family. We bring passion into every game we manufacture for kids of all ages throughout the world. Our secret to success is a highly skilled, motivated workforce that believes in our company purpose: Sharing the Magic of Playing Together!
The Diecutting department is part of our Work-In-Process team which prepares game or box components for final assembly. In this role, you will operate Bobst (diecut) presses to punch shapes into materials, such as gameboard labels and boards, and game box material.
What You'll Do as a Bobst Die Cutter Operator:
- Setup and operation of all the standard Bobst presses.
- Loading and unloading pallets of material for the presses.
- Stripping waste and removing waste materials.
- Performing troubleshooting tasks, making all necessary adjustments to maintain quality of die cut materials and productivity of the die-cutting operation.
- Effectively preparing Make-Readies and changing tooling in standard Bobst presses. They can make effective machine and tooling adjustments in the Feeder, Platen and Stripping Station to register printed material.
- Recognizing defects on dies and strippers and taking appropriate action to ensure problems are corrected.
- Running the Aerator-Jogger and the Balers. This includes dumping loads, weighing and storing bales along with general troubleshooting and changing wire spools.
- Ensuring accurate production and quality record keeping.
- Keeping general work area clean and performing Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) tasks.
- Understanding and following Die-cutting department quality work instructions.
We're Looking for Someone Who Has:
- Die Cutting experience required.
- 2 years in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience operating manufacturing equipment a plus.
- Problem-solving skills.
Physical Requirements Include the Ability to:
- Stand or sit for an 8-hour shift.
- Repetitively grasp, pinch, push and pull with arms hands, occasionally simultaneously, with and without mechanical assisted devices.
- Frequently transfer objects and materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Reach above shoulder height to work, bending and stooping occasionally to work at different heights.
- Safely mount, dismount and operate mobile equipment.
- Move from one area to another in the department around equipment, climb stairs, platforms and ladders.
What You Can Expect from Cartamundi:
- Competitive pay and shift differential
- Climate controlled facility
- 401(k) with company match
- Health, dental, and vision insurance starting day one
- HSA and FSA
- Life insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Scholarship program
- Employee discounts on daycare, gym memberships, travel, and much more
Apply today and discover the magic of making a difference at Cartamundi!
Cartamundi East Longmeadow LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities.
This position is a member of Local 224 RWDSU.
Candidates must be 18 years old to work for Cartamundi, East Longmeadow LLC.
No Agencies Please. No Sponsorship Available.
Cartamundi East Longmeadow LLC
AddressEast Longmeadow, MA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Cartamundi East Longmeadow LLC
Get fresh Machine Operators jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.