Surgical Technician - Full Time
Carson Valley Medical Center Gardnerville, NV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNICIAN – FULL TIME
Carson Valley Medical Center – Douglas County – Gardnerville, Nevada
We strive to provide our patients with a superior healthcare experience, with a focus on the quality of care, patient safety, human interaction, and communication. Carson Valley Medical Center ranks number one in patient satisfaction among all full-service hospitals in our region, a direct result of the CVMC team’s dedication and commitment to providing patient centered care.
ORGANIZATIONAL VALUES: Employees of Carson Valley Medical Center are expected to align their behaviors and choices while representing CVMC with the following organizational values - RESPECT: We treat our patients, our community and our co-workers with respect at all times. EXCELLENCE: We hold ourselves and others to a standard of excellence as we serve our patients and our community. INTEGRITY: We do the right thing, every time. COMPASSION: We understand that we are in a business to care for others at a time when they need it most, and commit to approach all situations with compassion and humanity.
We offer a culture that values caring, professional development, growth, and sustainability. We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits program including:
- NO STATE INCOME TAX
- Medical, Dental, and Vision available the first of the month following 30 days of employment!
- Paid Time Off: vacation, illness and 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Account Savings Plan – Employer match of 3.5%
- Employer-paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer-paid Care Flight Membership ( A Division of REMSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer-paid Identity Theft Protection
- Short Term and Long Term Disability option
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance option
- *Tuition Reimbursement
- And MORE
*Subject to program eligibility requirements
Performs technical skills and assistance to surgeons, anesthesia personnel, registered nurses and other professionals in the Operating Room.
- Graduate from high school or equivalent, required.
- Successful completion of a surgical technologist program that is accredited by a national accrediting organization or a successor organization or must have successfully completed a training program for surgical technologist administered by the US Public Health Service, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard. One (1) year ORT job experience in major Operating Room may replace OR Technical School requirement.
- Current Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) from National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or per NRS 449.24185, sec.1.(c) “Engaged in the practice of surgical technology in a health care facility before January 1, 2018”.
- Current BLS Certification required.
- Ensures all necessary equipment is in the room prior to the start of a case.
- Able to safely operate all electro-surgical equipment, video equipment, disposable equipment as well as equipment unique to each specialty area, and re-processing equipment.
- Must be comfortable with working with medical team and other hospital departments.
- Must show initiative, maturity and effectiveness in dealing with medical staff and patients.
- The ability to communicate accurately and effectively.
- Well-groomed in appearance.
- Appreciation of and desire to be part of a healthcare team.
Join a highly talented family of healthcare workers in a rural Sierra Nevada gem of a community located 30 minutes from Lake Tahoe and an hour from Reno. Carson Valley Medical Center, a preferred employer within the communities of Minden and Gardnerville, ranks No. 1 in patient satisfaction among all full-service hospitals in our region, a direct result of the CVMC team’s dedication and commitment to providing patient-centered care.
* ~ * PLEASE READ THE ATTACHED STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR * ~ *
Thank you for your interest in working for Carson Valley Medical Center. We appreciate your time and review each and every resume that is submitted to our HR department. You will receive an email within 24 hours that confirms your application has been received.
Carson Valley Medical Center
HealthcareView all jobs at Carson Valley Medical Center