Director - Facilities
- Posted: over a month ago
The Facilities Director plans and directs the administrative and operational activities of the CVMC Facilities Department; including the capital project planning, project and construction management, plant operations, and property management duties. This position coordinates with CVMC leadership on construction and improvement efforts and assures overall compliance and regulatory requirements are met. The scope of this role involves strategic planning and coordination of services that affect every aspect of the organization. Reports to the CEO.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, management, engineering; or architectural degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Certification in Healthcare Facility Management (CHFM) through the American Hospital Association, or willing to obtain certification within two years.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compliance with:
- Facility Guideline Institute (FGI)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes
- Three or more years in healthcare facility management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of facility maintenance and operation, code compliance, facility planning/design/construction, emergency utility operations, and finance management.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Directs all activities in facility operation and maintenance, capital project management, and property management of all CVMC facilities.
- Manages all employees and functions of the facilities and Biomed department.
- Coordinates and oversees long range facility plans directed by the CVMC Facility Master Plan or direction from CVMC executive leadership.
- Works with CVMC departmental leaders to direct and coordinate construction, space improvement, and furnishing requests.
- Acts as a liaison with external vendors to assure compliance with applicable laws, statutes, and program regulations.
- Works closely with CVMC safety officer and patient safety officer to ensure all CVMC facilities and grounds provide a comfortable, safe, and secure environment for our guests and patients.
- CVMC fleet management is the responsibility of the Director of Facilities. Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a current inventory of vehicles and drivers within fleet policy.
- Establish minimum use guidelines for assigned and pool vehicles.
- Allocate vehicles to assign and pool status as necessary based on the use guidelines.
- Plan and budget for vehicle acquisition, retirement and replacement.
- Coordinate maintenance activity.
- Ensure proper registration and licensing is maintained.
- Ensure proper insurance is maintained.
- Develops budget for the department and allocates funds within budget limits to accomplish objectives.
- Completes yearly/ monthly departmental budget requirements as determined by the CVMC Finance Department.
- Monitors variance against budget on an ongoing basis.
- Ensures payroll functions are completed in a timely manner.
- Create a workplace environment where staff is working toward the same essential goals and strategies; provide 2-way communication where ideas can be shared in a non-punitive environment
- Provide effective communication process between administration, n1anagement, and staff i.e. staff meetings, communication books, communication boards.
- Participates in hospital /medical staff committee meetings, and Safety Huddles as required.
- Employee performance appraisals are completed thoroughly and submitted on time.
- Develops performance goals/objectives with each staff member to promote maximum productivity, proficiency, and professional growth, as evidenced by written goals on performance appraisals.
- Provides leadership and guidance to other leaders and staff in goal setting, problem solving, resource management, and outcome achievement.
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy work environment by modeling desired behaviors and encouraging those in others.
- Demonstrates the ability to cope with and manage change, as well as help others do the same.
- Hometown Health Plan Medical, EyeMed Vision, Guardian Dental, Vanguard 401(k) with match effective the first of the month following 30 days after date of hire.
- Employer paid Care Flight for your household.
- Employer Paid Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Earned Time Off - accrued at the time of hire and available to use after 90 days of continuous employment.
- Sick Leave - accrued after 90-days of continuous employment.
- Unum Supplemental Insurance
- Nevada 529 College Fund
- Unum Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- and More...
CARSON VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER IS PROUD TO BE RECOGNIZED AS A FINALIST IN THE
"BEST PLACES TO WORK" - NORTHERN NEVADA, 2021 & 2022!
WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU TO OUR TEAM!!
Carson Valley Medical Center
Real EstateView all jobs at Carson Valley Medical Center