Summary Oversees and coordinates customer service, merchandising, inventory control, and other related activities for the Emporium located in the Carson Nugget Casino Hotel. Emporium Associates and/or other support staff engaged in routine stock management and customer service activities.
Duties and Responsibilities As a Gift Shop Associate, you would be responsible for assisting guests and selling merchandise in a timely, friendly and efficient manner in the casino's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Opening up and Closing up Gift Shop
- Greet and acknowledge guests upon arrival in the shop
- Demonstrate knowledge of merchandise, styling and pricing
- Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, making change and processing gift certificates and cards
- Deposit cash at end of shift
- Wrap merchandise
- Assist in conducting inventory and ensure adequate merchandise supply levels
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Other duties as assigned to make the gift shop run smoothly
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
- Knowledge of mathematics.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Knowledge of retail stock management and control principles and procedures.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to summarize and reconcile retail sales and operating statistics, and to prepare routine statistical reports.
- Knowledge of retail floor sales techniques.
- Ability to operate a computerized cash register.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro