Position Title: R&D Engineer
Position summary: Carson Helicopters is currently seeking talented individuals for a position on its R&D/Engineering team. You will work on designing, ground testing and flight-testing critical aerospace components for legacy aircraft.
- Coordinate with other test engineers to design and implement instrumentation supporting ground test & flight test activities.
- Write test plans & reports in accordance with FAA guidelines to support certification efforts.
- Support flight test activities as necessary up to and including on-aircraft data collection
- Lead the analytical design of structural aerospace parts
- Complete CAD and create drawing packages to enable construction of structural aerospace parts
- Select and provide detailed specifications for the purchase of raw material/parts; interact with vendors to resolve technical issues
- Assist technicians in resolving technical questions in the manufacturing of composite and metal structures and assemblies.
- Develop and execute procedures for activities such as material qualification and equipment calibration
- Manage and track multiple priorities while maintaining a focus towards common project goals
- Seek out the solutions to technical problems with the local team along with the larger Carson Helicopters workforce.
- Use your well-rounded technical knowledge to display proficiency in basic structural sizing, mechanisms, and design while making development decisions based on cost and schedule considerations
- Develop and refine manufacturing assembly procedures
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, physics, aerospace engineering, or other engineering discipline
- 4+ years of experience with complex, multi-disciplinary structural projects, rotary wing experience preferred.
- Experience using and troubleshooting aircraft flight test instrumentation
- Experience in writing FAA approved test plans and test reports as well as interpreting and analyzing test results
- Ability to rapidly change roles and responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Experience working on complex instrumentation design projects
- Experience with production tooling or product design in either prototype or volume environments
- Strong working knowledge of composite structures analysis
- Solidworks or equivalent experience
- Able to work well in an integrated collaborative team environment including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers
- Self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with a wide range of people
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- A positive, upbeat attitude
Responsibilities and tasks outlined in this job description are not exclusive and may change as determined by the needs of the company.
Carson Helicopters, Inc. is a veteran-owned company and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to hiring veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
This job description is not an offer of employment or employment contract.
Carson HelicoptersPerkasie, PA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.