Chief Operating Officer - Law Firm Administrator
- Posted: over a month ago
- $96,000 Yearly
Chief Operating Officer - Law Firm Administrator
We Are A Small Law Firm Looking For An Experienced Legal Administrator To Take Us To The Next Level And Beyond.
We put Personal back into Personal Injury Law and we mean it. We are growing fast because of this empathy mindset and meaningful focus on clients as not just numbers. We are looking for a Chief Operating Officer that will take pride in being different from other injury law firms and who is not afraid of fast growth. This is an executive-level position. The Legal Administrator is responsible for a wide range of activities in all phases of administration, personnel, finances, facilities, and business systems.
We need someone with significant hands-on experience. You will handle key administrative responsibilities and play a major role in shaping and maintaining our client-centric firm culture. You must have experience managing a team of more than 12 people and a budget of more than $5,000,000. This is not a position for an “Office Manager” or an “Administrative Assistant.” We have put a lot of energy into building our “A-team” and we need to take it to the next level. As you know, the Legal Administrator is a key hire; it is crucial that we get this right! Our process might take a little longer than you’re used to…but it’s worth it.Compensation:
$96,000+ Annually + Bonus OpportunitiesResponsibilities:
This position is responsible for overseeing and improving both our people and our systems.
- Our Legal Administrator will be responsible for planning and managing the day-to-day operations of the Firm, and for implementing Firm policies and procedures under the general guidance and supervision of the entrepreneurial owner
- Our Legal Administrator will create or improve all administrative functions in our firm. We are building a firm where systems run the business, and great people run the systems
You must be able to show evidence of your prior success with:
- Business process refinement and systems management to ensure profitable operation of the Firm
- Systems management to ensure matters are handled appropriately so that client needs are met, legal/ethical requirements are met, and clients receive excellent service
- Employee leadership, performance management, supervision (and termination)
- Understand and use common financial reports to make decisions (budget variance, PL, cashflow forecast)
- Management of bookkeeper, accountant, technology systems, and other vendors
What you can do is important. Who you are is equally important. The right person for this role must:
- Not only adapt to change, but drive it
- Provide solutions, not just uncover problems
- Have a high energy level
- Have thick skin and high empathy
- Have a sense of humor in equal measure to your sense of compassion
- Have keen conflict resolution skills (not conflict avoidance skills)
- Be metrics-driven and KPI-obsessed
- Be able to manage other leaders within the firm
- Our ideal candidate is not just comfortable with growth and change but thrives in an environment where people are constantly looking to improve the business and themselves. Our business has grown fast, and while we are not a “start-up,” we have a growth-focused environment.
- We need someone with the experience to work closely with the Owner and key staff on strategy, policy, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- The ideal candidate understands that you cannot manage what you do not measure – and can help us figure out how to build systems to ensure we can measure and manage effectively.
- We need a Firm Administrator who is great at project management and systems development, and who will be invested in making important contributions to the operating and financial success of the Firm.
- Working with us can prove to be the best job you ever had or the most frustrating … depending on your flexibility, team spirit, commitment to our clients, and your realistic expectations about what it’s like to work in a fast-paced growing business with a passionate and entrepreneurial owner.
- I have been a solo law firm owner for 15 years and this is the first time I am bringing in someone to help with the day-to-day integration of my vision so I can focus more "on" the business rather than working "in" the business. The right person for this position is someone I can develop trust in and who will trust in me. The right person for this position will be able to “manage up” to help me help you get your job done.
- Our office is in North Carrollton, Texas.
- Prior law firm administration experience is a plus. Knowledge of personal injury law will be helpful, but is not required.
WHY WORK FOR US? WE ARE NOT YOUR GRANDFATHER’S LAW FIRM. WE ARE PROUD TO SAY WE ARE DIFFERENT FROM THE STUFFY, OLD-SCHOOL LAW FIRMS YOU ARE USED TO. Carrollton Injury Law is a fast-growing Personal Injury Law Firm in Carrollton, Texas (Dallas area). We take great pride in not treating our clients as a number, but rather, keeping them informed and educated about their injury claims at all times.
We also care about our work family and we are very dedicated to maintaining a positive and upbeat work environment. We strive to have the most up-to-date technology in place for our team, have the best firm culture around (https://personalpersonalinjury.com/our-culture/), AND having a heart for helping the less fortunate in our community by hosting events such as the “Bring us your Legal Briefs” charity drive. If this sounds like a law firm you want to work at and a job you can do, we very much look forward to talking with you soon.
Carrollton Injury Law
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?