IT Support Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Grade W19 – Non-Exempt
Starting Salary - $48,007
This is a professional civilian full-time position responsible for managing and troubleshooting the mobile data terminals, agency issued computers systems and peripherals, mobile devices, cellular technology and maintaining the software and hardware inventory. Additionally, this position provides technical support to agency personnel by answering questions and assisting users with hardware and software related issues to assure appropriate follow-through and resolution.
The IT Support Technician assists with managing the agency Public Safety Software Solution and provides training to agency personnel. This position serves as the liaison to the Carroll County Department of Technology Services, coordinating all technology needs with the assigned Client Services Analyst.
The Carroll County Sheriff’s Office is seeking an outgoing individual with the ability to perform with a high level of independence, exercise sound judgment, provide excellent communication skills and also maintain strict confidentiality.
This position receives supervision and reports directly to the Technology Systems Specialist. Work is evaluated through observations, conferences and reports.
Monday through Friday (7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) with one hour for lunch. Position may require flexibility in work schedule, are available nights and/or weekends and maintain an on-call status on a rotational basis.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or a resident alien.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED recognized by the State Board of Education.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must meet the minimum requirements set forth by the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office (please visit our website at www.carrollcountysheriff.com / employment / hiring process).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required.
- A+ Certification, preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Professional, preferred.
- Net+ Certification, preferred.
- Two to five years of experience related to providing troubleshooting, technical support, managing and supporting hardware and related applications, installing and upgrading devices.*
- Possess a working knowledge of hardware configuration, operating systems and various software applications.
- Knowledge of Law Enforcement/Correctional procedures and policies, preferred.
- Position requires the ability to work within and between multiple Sheriff’s Office buildings/locations.
- Position requires extensive periods of sitting.
- Position requires extensive periods of completing computer-based tasks.
- Position may require the ability to lift 30-50 pounds, as well as push, pull or move objects.
*Comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications
- Acts as primary contact for agency online helpdesk in addressing technical issues.
- Configures and updates mobile solutions and applications, including mobile data terminals and other mobile devices.
- Manages setup, activation and assignment of agency issued cell phones.
- Coordinates and assigns agency issued portable radios.
- Provides training and support for all mobile solutions and applications, including mobile data terminals and other mobile devices.
- Provides training and support to Sheriff’s Office employees regarding agency provided hardware, including computers, printers, and other peripherals.
- Troubleshoots agency hardware and software issues, including printers, computers and other peripherals.
- Liaisons with the following business partners:
- Carroll County Department of Technology Services to escalate and resolve user requests, and coordinate hardware and software allocations.
- Carroll County Department of Public Safety to coordinate the procurement of agency mobile phones.
- Carroll County Department of Public Safety, CCSO Law Enforcement and Corrections Bureaus to program and issue portable radios.
- Maryland State Police, CJIS Coordinator, to manage connectivity to various state systems.
- Verizon to setup and maintain cellular connectivity on mobile devices to the Verizon Private Network.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with IT related vendors for the agency.
- Presents information as required to agency and county staff, various user groups, partner agencies, and third-party vendors.
- Responds independently to inquiries from all Sheriff’s Office employees, vendors, or regulatory agencies.
- Co-administers the agency public safety software solution.
- Manages all aspects of the agency’s internal electronic ticketing system.
- Conducts annual hardware, software and user access audits for the agency.
- Facilitates the logistical installation of agency technology and equipment.
- Responsible for analyzing agency needs for hardware and software applications.
- Works closely with the Technology Systems Specialist to prepare the agency technology budget.
- Responsible for managing and documenting technology related assets for the agency.
- Writes reports, correspondence, business communications; develops and maintains procedures, training manuals, and other user related documentation.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Reads, analyzes, designs, investigates, develops and interprets information systems and related technology.
- Possesses a working knowledge of hardware installation, configuration and setup on various devices.
- Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft applications and other computer software programs commonly in use.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and be able to prioritize and organize workflows and projects.
- Must be able to follow and work within industry standards and best practices when applicable.
- Must be able to define issues, research options and present solutions for the agency as it relates to IT.
- Must be able to independently identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and initiative in solving issues and complex outcomes.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to provide clear and concise verbal communications.
- Must be able to successfully and positively troubleshoot and work with Sheriff’s Office employees either remotely or in person.
- Ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, county governmental partners, various law enforcement and other partners.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Selection Process: The selection will be based on, but not limited to the candidates successfully completing the following steps:
- Completion and review of Confidential Questionnaire and Resumè
- Oral Interview Board
- Conditional Offer
- Polygraph Examination
- Background Investigation
- Physical/Medical Examination
- Final Command Review/Interview
- Final Job Offer
To be considered for this position, qualified candidates must complete and submit and employment application electronically through our website at www.carrollcountysheriff.com or www.policeapp.com. Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, June 30, 2022.
“One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement”
The Carroll County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer
VISION: Our vision is to be the safest county in Maryland
MOTTO: Commitment to Community
Carroll County Sheriffs OfficeWhy Work Here?
If you like serving your community and making a difference, apply today to join our family!
MISSION: The Carroll County Sheriff's Office will provide the highest level of service founded in trust and commitment to our Community. VISION: Our vision is to be the safest county in Maryland MOTTO: Commitment to Community
100 N. Court StreetOwings Mills, MD