- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
What Carrol Concrete Offers You
- Full time stable employment
- Competitive pay
- Vacation/paid time off
- 10 paid holidays, which includes the week between Christmas and New Years
- Willing to train
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K with 4.5% company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee appreciation events
To understand and observe all of Carroll Concrete Co., Newport Sand & Gravel Co., Inc.’s policies and procedures including but not limited to the Employee Handbook, Training Manual, SAFE Policy, Safety Manual and Drug Free Work Place Manual. Lead Mechanic reports to and works closely with the Fleet Manager works with the Parts & Service Coordinator.
1. Helps to schedule ongoing “Yearly Maintenance” on all trucks in heavy equipment division, as well as daily repairs.
2. Helps schedule and delegate plant visits for DOT (NH State Inspections) and repairs on fleet vehicles.
3. Troubleshoots problems (on the phone) in conjunction with the Parts & Service Coordinator to determine the problem and schedule timely repairs.
4. Discuss parts needs with the Parts and Service Coordinator on a daily basis (for timely and efficient ordering).
1. Must set a good example and appropriate work pace for all mechanics to emulate.
2. Morning meeting with 12-A Shop personnel to discuss the day’s schedule and problem solve.
3. Delegate daily work to 12-A Shop personnel.
4. Make lists of any unresolved issues and help to create a plan for correction. All issues must be handled in a timely manner.
1. Discuss all shop issues and concerns with Fleet Manager daily and treat all concerns with respect and privacy.
2. Other duties as assigned or as necessary.
1. Must have good communication skills.
2. Must be discreet, as position requires the handling of confidential information.
3. Good organizational skills.
4. Must be able to maintain composure through stressful situations and when under time constraints.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
1. CDL Class A License
2. NH Licensed State Inspection Officer
3. DOT Brake Certification
1. Must be able to lift and maneuver a minimum of 50 to 75 pounds as required throughout the workday.
2. Bending, squatting, climbing, standing for long periods of time.
3. Must be able to maneuver in and out of vehicles safely.
4. Must be able to climb ladders (on vehicles) when necessary.
5. Must be able to work long and flexible hours as necessary.
CDL holders must pass DOT (Department of Transportation) physical as well as federally mandated alcohol and drug testing requirements.
This job description, as written for the position of Lead Mechanic for Carroll Concrete Company/Newport Sand & Gravel Co., Inc. is an accurate reflection of the essential job functions for this position. This job description and its contents are subject to change without notice at Carroll Concrete's discretion.
AddressWest Lebanon, NH
AutomotiveView all jobs at Carroll Concrete