Carrington Mortgage Services is a fully integrated mortgage company with mortgage lending and servicing operations and an affiliated real estate brokerage. We are part of Carrington Holding Company, LLC , which owns and operates multiple businesses that cover virtually every aspect of single family residential real estate transactions. This position is located in Plano, TX
Competitive Base Pay plus Monthly Incentive
- 2 Weeks-Vacation
- Advancement Opportunities
- Strength and Stability
- Diverse Product Mix. Ability to go down to a 500 FHA Fico
- Benefits including Medical/Dental and 401K
The Wholesale Underwriting Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Manager with ensuring all loans are underwritten in accordance with Company and Investor guidelines following company’s policies and procedures. Makes sound underwriting decisions and ensures that all decisions meet legal and policy requirements. Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and manage the workflow direction, training and assistance with daily activities of assigned staff.
- Monitor employee performance, determine corrective action plans and employee performance management.
- Responsible for the efficient management of daily workflow, time-off requests of the assigned team to ensure tasks are being completed, and daily volume is completed within all SLA metrics.
- Manage priorities and “rush files” within assigned team.
- Assigns files to ensure proper workload balance among assigned team members.
- Monitors performance of underwriter’s quality of work, technical abilities, and risk analysis and provide on-going mentoring and training.
- Function as the primary trainer on company’s loan products as they change or need refreshing for assigned team.
- Performs a thorough analysis to ensure the quality of each loan and to determine compliance with Company and Investor guidelines.
- Performs a thorough analysis of collateral to ensure property meets investor guidelines and the appraisal quality and completeness is acceptable.
- Applies and interprets company underwriting guidelines and makes sound credit decisions.
- Performs analysis of LOS production reports and provides updates to management on turn-times, QC and post-closing defects, and pipeline management.
- Oversees day-to-day processes that will improve performance of team, improves cost to originate, and improve customer service.
- Provides upfront technical and guideline training, recommends areas of improvement, provides ongoing training, and mentoring of assigned team.
- Reviews files for quality, provides 2nd signatures for files outside of authorities.
- Makes recommendations and provides feedback in the development of underwriting guidelines and training materials. Stays abreast of changes within industry and how they affect company guidelines, underwriting workflow, policies and procedures.
- Conducts initial interviews for open underwriting positions within the department.
- Responds to post funding audits, investor reviews and various quality control reports as they apply to department and staff. Establishes corrective action plans to eliminate and prevent reoccurring findings.
- May be asked to functions as the Underwriter Manager, as needed, during absences and vacations.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to understand moderately complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to make decisions that have impact on the department’s credibility, operations, and services.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on short-term and long-term basis.
- A thorough knowledge of mortgage loan underwriting.
- Ability to build highly effective and efficient teams that work collaboratively to accomplish goals.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information concerning loan applicants.
- Requires high level of organizational skills and ability to work on several tasks simultaneously.
- Constant contact with Loan Officers and internal office staff.
- Significant coordination of various duties required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle detailed assignments.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate difference viewpoints.
- Ability to interact with Management as an advisor on projects.
- Ability to make decisions that have significant impact on the department’s credibility, operations, and services.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on short and long-term basis.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy.
- Ability to compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and basic reports and/or to orally communicate technical information.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Current Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) License from NMLS required in applicable state jurisdictions
- FHA Direct Endorsement license strongly preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as an Underwriter with at least two years in a Senior Underwriter or Team Lead capacity.
- Experience working in a paperless environment preferred.
- Experience working in a paperless environment preferred.
Our Mortgage Servicing platform has continued to grow by focusing resources on excellent execution of our key competencies, including customer service, delinquency management, default management, loan administration, analytics, and investor reporting – all while preserving homeownership and providing world-class servicing. We’re always building our mortgage business with our customers in mind.
What We Offer:
• Comprehensive healthcare plans for you and your family.
• Access to several fitness, restaurant, retail (and more!) discounts through our employee portal.
• Customized training programs to help you advance your career.
• Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
• Educational Reimbursement.
Carrington Mortgage Services
Why Work Here?Carrington maintains the necessary infrastructure to ensure stability and maximize value during any market cycle. We are a fully integrated mortgage company supporting our customers by providing a broad range of real estate services encompassing nearly all aspects of single-family residential real estate transactions in the United States. Our Mortgage Servicing platform has continued to grow by focusing resources on excellent execution of our key competencies, including customer service, delinquency management, default management, loan administration, analytics, and investor reporting – all while preserving homeownership and providing world-class servicing. We’re always building our mortgage business with our customers in mind. What We Offer: • Comprehensive healthcare plans for you and your family. • Access to several fitness, restaurant, retail (and more!) discounts through our employee portal. • Customized training programs to help you advance your career. • Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!). • Educational Reimbursement.
Carrington is an amazing company that offers a great work environment, stability and career growth. Consider Carrington Today!